Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

polish immagrant

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 6 Mar 2007 18:07

can any kind person tell me how to go about finding details about a polish man who is related to me i dont know when he came here to england but he was born in 1913 and stayed here until his death i assume he may have been in the polish forces during ww2 and decided to stay when the war was over . karen

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Mar 2007 18:29

You really need a place of birth to be able to track this person. Did he die after 1969? If so his death certificate might show his birthplace.. ( we were unlucky and we received one that just showed.. Poland) It is possible to obtain Army service records ( in England) and these can hold wonderful information, ..we got a photo, too... but I think you might have to prove a relationship before you can access them. I will try and find address and post here. Not sure if this was the same address..but I'm sure they would advise you. Polish Army in Exile Records-British Ministry of Defense APC Polish Enquiries Building 28B RAF Northolt Westend Road Rusilip Middlesex HA4 6NG England Phone: (44)(0)208-8338603 Fax: 0208-8338866 Gwyn

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 6 Mar 2007 18:41

thanks gwen i will give it a go karen