Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Saberi HELP I'M A NEWBIE!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 20 Feb 2007 12:25

Hi I'm a tips board newbie and was wondering if anyone could help me. I am researching the Saberi my maternal grandmother is a Saberi but have got stuck at Louis Saberi b.1771, I am also tring to to find an origin to the name but everywhere I've searched tells me they have no origin. Has anyone got any ideas as to where I could go from here. Would be very grateful to anyone that can help Regards Sarah

Julie

Julie Report 20 Feb 2007 12:33

this is off the 1841 census, any of them yours Harriett Sabea [Harriet Saberi] abt 1811 Middlesex, England St Pancras Middlesex View Record Lewis Sabere [Louis Saberi] abt 1794 Middlesex, England St Pancras Middlesex View Record John Saberi abt 1826 Middlesex, England St Pancras Middlesex

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Feb 2007 12:36

From the IGI.... LOUIS SABERI Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: ELISABETH MAISEY Marriage: 16 MAY 1796 Saint Leonards, Shoreditch, London, England Georgina.

Julie

Julie Report 20 Feb 2007 12:37

Also have you been in touch with the 2 people on here that has Louis in their tree ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Feb 2007 12:38

Ancestry has a family tree that matches on their OneWorldTree. Maureen

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Feb 2007 12:39

1841 Louis Sabere age 49<<<steel worker Sarah age 44 Elizabeth age 17<<<florist Marylebone middx.

Willow

Willow Report 20 Feb 2007 12:41

Did you put this in curious fox? If you google louis saberi there is a hit for curious fox Thomas Saberi born London. Parents: Louis Saberi and Elizabeth Maisey. Occupation: Steel Plate Maker. Marriage: Sunday 11 April 1830, Christ Church Greyfriars Newgate to Harriet Winston. Issue: Thomas 1831, Mary 1834, John 1837, Jane 1842, Susan 1851..............

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Feb 2007 12:41

No idea who put the tree on Ancestry but they claim Elizabeth Massey born 1634 married 1796. Oops I think there is something wrong with that info. Maureen

Sarah

Sarah Report 20 Feb 2007 13:23

Thankyou all so much for your replies have some of the info already will check out others, have tried curiosfox and got snippets but not much, one world tree confused me a lot (is it just me) as you say Elizabeth Massey dates were a bit wrong and think Louis married Elizabeth Maisey found different entries also found Thomas Saberi entries in Dawlish Devon but they seem to contradict entries in London/Middlesex which is where I found all other Saberis (we didn't get out much). Devon connection really confusing i ca't match anything properly. Once again eternal gratitude to you all for replying Kind regards Sarah

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 20 Feb 2007 17:29

Louise, it's a very useful site that is arranged in towns, cities, villages etc, and message boards. I've found quite a few matches on there. You can register free but I don't think you can send messages unless you're a full member. It used to only be £5 a year but I don't know if it's gone up. www.curiousfox(.)com (remove the brackets) Mandy :)

Louise

Louise Report 20 Feb 2007 19:35

Hi Mandy thanks for web address of curious fox. Have had a quick look and am off for a 'brouse'. Louise