Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Street Serach

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 18:32

Hi ya just wondered if any could help me look at a street to see if the Astons are on it. 317 Bromford Lane, West bromwhich. Thank you Toria xxxx

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Feb 2007 19:05

Toria what were their first names? Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Feb 2007 19:08

These Astons are at 132 Bromford Lane in 1901.... Name: Fred Aston Age: 12 Estimated birth year: abt 1889 Relation: Son Father's name: James Mother's name: Agnes Gender: Male Where born: West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: West Bromwich Ecclesiastical parish: St John the Evangelist County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: West Bromwich Sub-registration district: West Bromwich South West ED, institution, or vessel: 13 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 260 Household Members: Name Age Agnes Aston 37 Agnes Aston 9 Arthur Aston 5 Fred Aston 12 Harold Aston 6 James Aston 39 James Aston 13 Georgina.

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 19:11

Thank you so much that a great help I think? xxx

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 19:18

just double checked my dates and i think you have it My james aston was 39 when he married my Grandmother in 1927 so that would me his birth was 1888 so he would of been 13 in 1901. Thank you so much it was one big long shot as he marriage cert said 317 Bromford lane. And i know the marriage to my great grandmother was his second marriage so i don't think he moved far. Just got to order his birth cert now to make double sure. Thank you xxxx

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Feb 2007 19:23

Toria that entry was a complete fluke, I just put in the search box Aston & West Bromwich, lots of names came up and that was the 2nd one I clicked on. I have just searched for a James Aston born 1888 +/-2 years in West Bromwich and that is the only entry. Georgina.

Pete

Pete Report 10 Feb 2007 19:58

Try the WestMidsBMD website It may help identify which is the one you need http://www.bmsgh.org/wmbmd/

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 20:01

thank you thank you and thank you again. i've just been looking for birth cert there are two in 1888 both different quarters so i'll take a lucky guess. toria xxx

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 20:39

thank you pete on my way now. xxx

Toria

Toria Report 10 Feb 2007 20:56

did not help that much but will send for it anyway. they only had 1 james aston where as ancestry had 2. toria xxx