Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 7 Dec 2006 13:14

I have found Lizzie Barrett, dob 1870,Hammersmith, Middlesex, London on the 1881 Census, can some kind soul please check the 1891 Census for me, I think I've found her on the 1901 Census in Nazareth House as an inmate, the birth place is correct so I'm assuming it's her, I do know she eventually married an Albert Hind and lived in Coventry, But as yet I don't know when she married. Lizzie's parents were Ruth Sarah Barrett (nee Eden) and Edward Barrett all living in Hammersmith, London. Cheeers Gillie xx

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 7 Dec 2006 13:19

amongst all the Lizzies born Hammersmith , there is no Lizzie Barrett/Barratt. was she really a Lizzie or an Elizabeth

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 7 Dec 2006 13:21

Hi Jess, yes she was definately Lizzie, On the 1881 Census they lived at 7 Nasmyth Sreet, Hammersmith, Registration District, Fulham. when she was 11 years old, Gillie xx

Carrie

Carrie Report 7 Dec 2006 13:30

She was Elizabeth, Lizzie is what they called her 1871 Name: Edward Barret Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1843 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Ruth S Gender: Male Where born: Chelsea, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Hammersmith Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: St Paul Hammersmith ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 243 Household Members: Name Age Edward Barret 28 Elizabeth S Barret 1 Maria H Barret 5 Ruth S Barret 29

June

June Report 7 Dec 2006 13:33

1881 for ref Name: Ruth S. Barrett Age: 38 Estimated birth year: abt 1843 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Edward Gender: Female Where born: Hammersmith, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Harmmersmith County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 7 Nasmyth St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Fulham Sub-registration district: St Paul Hammersmith ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Edward Barrett 36 Lizzie Barrett 11 Ruth S. Barrett 38 June x

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 7 Dec 2006 13:42

Sorry for the delay, I was watching the News on the Tornado in North London! Thank you Jess, Carrie thats her definately, funny how they cut one T off the name,and yet it's on there on birth and marriage certs I have. She was always known as Lizzie to my mum but obviously her real name must have been Elizabeth. Lynne I do think thats her as the birth palce is correct. June Thank you too, thats them for sure. Gillie xx

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 7 Dec 2006 14:12

Lynne I have no idea at all on dates or anything else.the info on the marriage I've put at the start is only hear say through the family, the rest is correct. Gillie xx