Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN LEICESTER(PART ELEVEN)

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverly

Beverly Report 27 Oct 2006 17:30

I am Looking for Masters,Stretton,Packwood and Gilford

Beverly

Beverly Report 27 Oct 2006 17:35

Hi Elaine Hows the new house coming on where have you moved to? Best wishes Bev

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 27 Oct 2006 18:05

Hi Bev Still in the same place in Notts but over the other side away from the youths that would collect where we used to be and generally hound everyone. It's been on our local news an several occasions and we had the youngest person to be given an ASBO as well! The house is great although alot smaller but it's detached. It's cosmetic stuff mainly, lots of painting to do and hopefully it will be warmer once they do the cavity walls on Monday. I will just about get straight and then my daughter will be home from uni LOL Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 27 Oct 2006 20:12

Beverly..... That's 10/- I owe you then ....lol. :0))) Wonder when the ' House Warming Party ' is then ? ..ummm MIKE.xx

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 27 Oct 2006 20:33

We could have a Leicester meet in Nottingham!!! Elaine

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 27 Oct 2006 20:35

PS after the prog last night maybe it's safer in Leicester LOL Elaine

Beverly

Beverly Report 27 Oct 2006 21:01

Hi Elaine Mike and i were just being nosy but honestly im glad your getting on ok, sooner rather you then me with decorating i dont mind papering but hate painting i get more over me. Best wishes Bev

Jan

Jan Report 28 Oct 2006 00:07

Just copying across this info from Part 10 for people who may not have seen it: http://members*lycos*co*uk/larpindex/home*php Leicestershire and Rutland People index covering soldiers, paupers and convicts http://homepages*rootsweb Yesterday's journey's - 'As in any age, people have had to deal with documentation and Officials whether it be for good or bad. Yesterdays Journey records the names of those people who had dealings with those events and the paperwork involved. The documents that sent them back to their legal settlement or let them stay in a new parish. The warrants for their arrest, or the Indentures that gave them a start in working life and the papers that named the fathers of illegitimate children, or the Wills that folks left. They are all here.......Dealing primarily with Derbyshire it does however cover the whole of the British Isles as people moved around seeking work, travelled as vagrants through the County or were chased throughout the realm as the responsibility of fatherhood and law caught up with them.' Jan

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 28 Oct 2006 15:27

Bev/Mike You are both welcome at mine anytime Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 28 Oct 2006 19:28

Greeting’s….. Elaine SO……Do we follow the trail of paint splashes then ? …lol :0))) Re your inquiry…John Ward 1871. Census image reads thus…… John Ward. Servant. Unmar. 17. House Gardener. b FRISBY His Sister ( Maria) is also within the same household (Domestic Cook) If you go to 1861. Census return RG 11./ 2299. / 72. / Page 4. Keyword…..” Ward “ You will see them both 10 years younger With Parents Robert Ag. Lab.& Grocer And Alice Shepherdess And youngest Sister Eliza The Jury is still out on the other one…re 1881. image If it was the village of Smisby for his birth place …… Then Smisby is NOT within Leicestershire…. It's Derbyshire Also look at other capital “ S’s” on page ….not the same. Smisby by the way is to the North of Ashby de la Zouch A very nice Ye Old'e Hamlet…… Reputed to be the site of the Jousting Tournaments In the novel……. “ Ivanhoe “ Although there is christening records (I.G.I. Batch No.’s ) of Wards within Smisby 1786. ~ 1818. But could not bring any up on Censuses ether side of the 1881 one…Grrr Case of……. Put that one to one side me thinks…… But in the meantime I'll still have a ferret around..... MIKE. xx

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 28 Oct 2006 23:37

Thought on the same lines as you Mike, hopefully when my contact starts with birth cert we will progress as I don't know from which of the Wards she descends, not someone I have found yet anyway and it involves Stockport we think and Oxford way via London. To compound it, it is one of mine but where I have no idea who, when or why!!! Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 29 Oct 2006 19:58

Greeting’s again Elaine….. Just to help rubber stamp it for you Search Results of the G.R.O. Index files WARD BIRTHS:- 1854. Jan,~ Feb.~ Mar. Qrt. JOHN WARD. Melton M. District ( Which covers Frisby ) Cert No. 7a. 217. 1855. July. ~ Aug. ~ Set. Qrt. JOHN WARD. Ashby. District. (Which would covers Smisby ) Cert No. 7a. 92. Oct. ~ Nov. ~ Dec. Qrt. JOHN WARD. Melton M. District. Cert No. 7a. 260. So seems like it’s TWO separate persons ? Also……. what’s the colour of these paint splashes we are to follow then ? MIKE.

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 29 Oct 2006 22:16

Mike White/stone/buttermilk!!! LOL Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 29 Oct 2006 23:03

Cor ....You must have been very busy then... It's all down the middle of all the roads down here !!!!!! You got it from B&Q Fosse Park then.... It might be sometime before we get there then ....? MIKE.xx ......lol

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 2 Nov 2006 07:33

Mike Not anyway near Fosse Park but our queues can be just as long to get in ours as well, just not tagged to the end of the motorway!. Went to Hinckley Sunday and the queue because of road works was horrendous, good job we wanted the M69. It's all taking shape here though now and people with the surname Ward keep contacting me with good results so life is good LOL Elaine

Cindi

Cindi Report 5 Nov 2006 17:21

Hi, Any luck with my Charlesworth boat people, now that the Wigston RO has re-opened? You gave me a lovely long list on 7/10/06, but I already had that info from the IGI. They're the Charlesworths from Castle Donnington and Ashby and I was specifically looking for info on John Charlesworth's parents. John was born b1790 Castle Donnington, married Catherine Lickiss/Sickless/Lickess/Lickless in 1816. THINK his dad was also John, bAshby, married Catherine Twells in 1780 but looking for confirmation of this and trying to get a bit further back. Sorry if I'm asking for the impossible! Cynthia Hobson (user name changed cos of lottsa SPAM!!!)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 5 Nov 2006 17:52

Greeting's Again..... Cindi Whoops....anoversight on my behalf Can't get the staff you know...:0((( I'll get onto it this week and get back to you. With hopefully confirmation & a bit more info...... Sorry Again..... MIKE.

Cindi

Cindi Report 5 Nov 2006 18:54

No rush Mike, I'm just grateful for any help, finding it difficult to move on don't-you-know *sob* (yeah, well.....)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 5 Nov 2006 19:05

Greeting's Again Cindi..... Seeing the early dates Then the details Will only be basic Names of child / Parents / Occupation of Father & address or Village Name of Church official who performed the event But at less that will comfirm the right Parents.... MIKE.

Cindi

Cindi Report 7 Nov 2006 10:29

Mike, Anything that you find can be of use, even the most basic stuff. I have John Charlesworth (b1790 Castle Donnington) and know he married Jane Lickiss, but I don't know anything else apart from (I think!) he was a boatman (1841 census he was living on 'Towing Path' Birmingham) I have no details of HIS father, but John Charlesworth of Ashby de la Zouch (married Catherine Twells) is the favourite. Lots of guesswork here I'm afraid, so absolutely anything would be good (I'll buy you a pint or six)!!!!!! Cynthia