Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up offered -1851 Dublin City Census - CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 15 Jul 2006 20:20

See below for available info :-

Sorry can't do any more look ups..... CD in storage until house sold and we've moved.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 15 Jul 2006 20:24

Do you want an address checked out in Dublin City and see if any of your ancestors were living there in 1851?

It provides HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD ONLY, Civil Parish & North/Southside of the city.

I might add that none of mine were still at the same address!

But somebody might be lucky and find another relative from their family.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 16 Jul 2006 22:35

Sheila

I'm afraid it's a list of Heads of Household ONLY. It's unlikely that John would be a householder at the age of 15.

But what you could do is search Shaw's Dublin City Directory 1850...its a list of businesses.

www(.)dublin1850(.)com/dublin1850/index(.)html
don't forget to remove the brackets.

Click of G and select the appropriate Surnames and see if you can find any tailors.

If you find anything that could possibly be John's father then I can look up his home address for you.

Hope this helps you...
Teresa

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 17 Jul 2006 08:26

Hello Teresa thanks very much for your kind offer, could you check for me for Richard REILLY, (aka O'Reilly) Many thanks, Helen

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Jul 2006 22:23

Hi Teresa Wonder whether it's possible to check out just a name? I don't have an address, but know he was living previously in Dublin. Henry ADDERLEY would be aged 57 on 1851 census. Occupation Wire Drawer or Chelsea Pensioner. Many thanks Barbara

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Jul 2006 23:10

Hi Rona

I found 2 Joseph Owen living in DUBLIN CITY.

8 Newcomen Ave.
Civil Parish: St. Thomas's.
Northside of the City.

20 Anglesea St.
St Andrew's
Southside.

No record of William OFlynn/O'Flynn but found these.

Wm O'Flinn
37 Queen St
St Paul's
Northside

Jas O'Flynn,
16 Nelson St.
St Georges,
Northside.

Jno O'Flynn,
22 Dolphin's Barn Lane
St James's,
Sothside.

Jno O'Flynn,
8 Camden St. Lr.
St Peter's,
Southside.

No record of Ellen Darling...only this.

Bdgt Darling,
4 Frederick St. North
St George's,
Northside.

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 18 Jul 2006 23:12

Could you please look up William Irwin-Farmer thanks Jennifer

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Jul 2006 23:16

Hi Barbara

No HENRY ADDERLEY...... only this one.

Ch. Adderley
24 Stephen St. Lr
Civil Parish: St. Peter's
Southside.

Have you checked out the Shaws Directory as mentioned in one of my replies above? He might be listed in that but living outside of the City.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Jul 2006 23:25

Hi Helen

No record of a RICHARD REILLY/O'REILLY I'm afraid.

There were 516 Reilly 'Head of Household' names listed in the Dublin City cencus.

Was Richard Reilly old enough to be a householder in 1851? if not then I can't help you find him...unless you have any idea of his father's or mother's name. Or perhaps he lived in Dublin County not Dublin City.

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 19 Jul 2006 08:33

Thanks very much for looking, yes he was the right age, and no I don't know his parents......Just found him in the trade directory last night, was a joiner, living 3 Camden Villas, so all is not lost! Very kind of you to take the time, Cheers Helen

Barbara

Barbara Report 19 Jul 2006 15:02

Hi Teresa Thanks for the ADDERLEY look-up. Maybe the one you found was his son. Will have to keep looking. Couldn't find anything in the Shaws Directory for 1850. Thanks again for your help. Barbara

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 19 Jul 2006 22:55

Helen..

Good news. I found this after your other info.:

Rob Reilly
3 Camden Villa
St Peter's
Southside

Also a Martin Cashian at the same address.
Regards..Teresa

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 19 Jul 2006 23:43

Teresa.....you star, more address to go with it! Brilliant! Camden Villas doesn't seem to be listed on any map but kind of suspected that it was near the other 'camden' addresses, now I know! Many thanks for going the extra mile! Cheers Helen x

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 20 Jul 2006 12:19

MARY in Sidney.

7 hits for MI. Moran.

34 Ridall's Row, St. Mary's, Northside.
14 Hammond Lane, St Michael's, N/S
20 Clanbrassil St, St Nicholas Without, Sourtside.
2 Madden's Court, St. Catherine's, S/S.
5 Cumberland St. Sth., St Mark's, S/S
17 Brunswick St. Gt., St. Mark's, S/S
145 Abbey St. Upr., St. Mary's, N/S

All of the above addresses, with the exception of 34 Riddall's Row have multiple names. a good mixture of males and female!

If you would like a list of these names too just send me a PM and I will give you their names too. You never know, one or more could be relevant to your research.

Teresa.

~Lizzie~

~Lizzie~ Report 21 Jul 2006 18:09

Hi Teresa, are you still doing this? Cranfields came to Manchester abt 1849 but I am sure there are others in Dublin around that time. regards Margaret

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 25 Jul 2006 20:09

Hi Margaret

Your message is here now...how odd!

June

June Report 25 Jul 2006 21:09

Theresa I am wondering if you have the names of Michael and Laurence Moran as they are my GGGrandad and G Grandad no address though i,m afraid Thankyou June.

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 25 Jul 2006 21:11

Hi Teresa, I have just the name of my gt.gt grandfather. He married in Dublin in 1852 and I am hoping you may be able to find him or his bride. Joseph Alderson Eggleston and Catherine Louisa Gould. I believe Joseph was in the army so maybe listed in a barracks. Fingers crossed that you can find him. Thankyou for your offer. Frances

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 25 Jul 2006 22:18

June Kate & Violet

No Laurence Moran found.

See list above for MI Moran as requested for Mary from Sidney.
MI is the abbreviation for Michael.

Regards...Teresa

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 25 Jul 2006 22:26

Frances in Norwich. No Joseph Alderson Eggleston. But I did find these which are interesting. Joseph Alderson, 3 Wood Quay, Civil Parish: St John's, Southside. Th. Eggleston, 5 Wood Quay, St John's, Southside. No Catherine Gould. only these. Wm Golding (Gould) 12 Christchurch Place Civil Parish: St Werbergh's, Southside. Mary Gould (lodger) 5 Stratford Row, St Thomas's, Northside. I don't know if they are any use to you but I thought you might like the info...just in case. Regards...Teresa