Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guidance needed as to where to go next

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:05

see below in a mo

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:06

Jane Kilvington c1822 Whitby 51 cencus living with her 2 brothers. 41 cencus living with 1 other female . Married 1851 Sept qtr to Robert Sanderson Fathers name Robert Kilvington c???? Where can I go to find out more about her?

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 8 Jun 2006 17:16

From the IGI: JANE KILVINGTON Female Event(s): Birth: 08 JUN 1821 Christening: 09 JUN 1821 Silver Street Independent, Whitby, Yorkshire, England Death: Burial: Parents: Father: ROBERT KILVINGTON Mother: MARGARET Have you got her on the later censuses?

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:16

tracy, you need to find a baptismal record for Jane Kilvington 1822 in whitby with father Robert Kilvington. If you live too far from whitby you could always ask the local RO to do a search for you or you could try the IGI, I will have a quick look for you too Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:19

mary you beat me to it was just about to add that info!!! you quick on the draw or what!!! Fuzzy

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 8 Jun 2006 17:21

off 1861 This Maybe Jane? ADDRESS:Henrietta Street. Whitby Yorkshire >>>Jane Sanderson (Wid) abt 1822 Whitby Head OCC;Grocer. Wm Sanderson abt 1855 Whitby Son Elizth Sanderson abt 1857 Whitby Daughter Rebecca Yeoman abt 1809 Whitby Boarder Source information: RG9/3647 Registration district: Whitby Sub-registration district: Whitby ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Folio: 4 Page: 2 Household schedule number: 8 GSU Number: 543166

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 8 Jun 2006 17:21

Trying to find an excuse for not working :-) I was reading your Cathalina thread earlier - how exciting!

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:21

HI. I tried IGI and it didnt give me a thing. Yes I have her later on thanks. Was parents I wanted and have just had a thought searched the brothers back to 41 and I think i found them still living with parents I was pressuming they were dead.. I was blinkered for a mo sorry. Tracy

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 8 Jun 2006 17:22

Can't find the parents' marriage, but here are some probable siblings (they all have parents called Robert and Margaret): 1. MARY KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 16 JAN 1807 2. MARY KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 21 JAN 1807 Silver Street Independent, Whitby, Yorkshire, England 3. JANE KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 08 JUN 1821 4. JANE KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 09 JUN 1821 Silver Street Independent, Whitby, Yorkshire, England 5. ANN KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 09 MAY 1824 6. ANN KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 11 MAY 1824 Silver Street Independent, Whitby, Yorkshire, England 7. THOMAS KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: 14 MAR 1826 8. THOMAS KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 16 MAR 1826 Silver Street Independent, Whitby, Yorkshire, England

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:26

Do you think this is the family without my Jane in 41?? View Record Benjamin Kilvington abt 1821 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record James Kilvington abt 1821 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record Margaret Kilvington abt 1786 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record Mary Kilvington abt 1811 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record Robert Kilvington abt 1786 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record Thomas Kilvington abt 1826 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 8 Jun 2006 17:28

Yes, that looks like the right family. Here are some more siblings from the IGI, all with parents Robert and Margaret: 1. JAMES KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 11 APR 1819 Whitby, Yorkshire, England 2. ROBERT KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 30 APR 1815 Whitby, Yorkshire, England 3. MARGARET KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 15 MAR 1813 Whitby, Yorkshire, England 4. BENJAMIN KILVINGTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 03 MAR 1817 Whitby, Yorkshire, England

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:32

View Record Ellis Kilvington abt 1816 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire View Record Jane Kilvington abt 1826 Yorkshire, England Whitby Yorkshire And I think this is Jane Thanks all will look into this Ellis now and look into why my IGI search brought nothing :-(

Tracy

Tracy Report 8 Jun 2006 17:36

They were on the next page!! Sorry for bothering you all I know I shouldn't be so blinkered sometimes... But there were 2 lines after the bulk of the family Jane and Ellis on the next page.