Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing wife on 1871 census....help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 May 2006 19:52

JANE TROKE is part added to census and then crossed out not at home. Her husband THOMAS TROKE is at 10 Mill Lane, Welshpool and gives his age as 36, Janes age is give as 35. On subsequent censuses she is listed as being 12 years younger than Thomas and coming from Liverpool. Is this the same Jane or did he marry 2 Janes?? Can anyone find her anywhere in 1871 please, she is driving me mad!!!

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 22 May 2006 19:57

was Jane 35 in 1861or 1881

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 May 2006 20:00

she was 35 in 1871. That was all there was, her name and age crossed out and not at home written in. Very irritating that they didn't get all the info before realising that she wasn't there!!

valium

valium Report 22 May 2006 21:02

Is this them Ann Elizh Torke abt 1867 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Daughter Leeds Yorkshire View Record Harry Torke abt 1865 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire View Record Jane Torke abt 1826 South Kirby, Yorkshire, England Wife Leeds Yorkshire View Record Jane Torke abt 1862 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Daughter Leeds Yorkshire View Record John Thed Torke abt 1860 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire View Record Richard Torke abt 1858 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire View Record Thomas Torke abt 1826 South Kirby, Yorkshire, England Head Leeds Yorkshire View Record Wm Sharp Torke abt 1844 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire 1871 Val

valium

valium Report 22 May 2006 21:22

part 2 This is the this is the other bit from ancestry RG10/4559 West Leeds vessel 6 folio 118 page 26 G.U.S 847139 Hope this is the right way to put this and hope it helps Val xxx

Jools

Jools Report 22 May 2006 22:29

Just to be right - this is them in 1871 (in Wales) - yes??? rg10/5624/5/2 Caroline Lucy Troke abt 1866 Oswestry, Shropshire, England Daughter Lower Pool Montgomeryshire George Thos Troke abt 1870 Welshpool, Montgomeryshire, Wales Son Lower Pool Montgomeryshire Jane Troke abt 1836 Wife Lower Pool Montgomeryshire Mary Ellene Troke abt 1868 Welshpool, Montgomeryshire, Wales Daughter Lower Pool Montgomeryshire Thomas Troke abt 1835 Exeter, Devon, England Head Lower Pool Right now I can't see any of them on 1881 or 1891 - where did you find them?? First I can see is 1901 (which shows they were in France in 1883)

Jayne

Jayne Report 23 May 2006 00:39

thats them Jools. Apparently they were in buenes aires in 1881. Duaghter told her granddaughter they went there to escape debt!!!!! They were back in 1891 in Newington St Mary London but with the name THOMAS TROOKE, JANE TROOKE, LUCY dau, NELLIE dau., ALFRED son.(he was born in Paris) In 1901 they were in Rayham Ave., Edmonton. But where was Jane in 1871. They are the most aggrevating family!

Jayne

Jayne Report 23 May 2006 00:44

Hi ValliuminGala. Vallium is what I need with this lot. Thomas is my paternal gt. grandfather and by other half says it accounts for a lot!!!! I don't thing the Leeds family are them as the 2 census returns I have found for them say JANE was born in Liverpool and THOMAS in Exeter. But thanks for taking the time to look for me. I thought a name like Troke would be fairly simple and a nice rest from puzzling over the Smiths and Jones in my tree but no.......... Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 23 May 2006 00:49

Just a further note on the aggrevating TROKES I can't find a marriage for them either but wouldn't totally surprised if they weren't actually married!