Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shingler Family Bible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 May 2006 21:59

-

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 May 2006 22:00

Shingler Fanily Bible selling on ebay item no:- 7029164597 THIS BIBLE ONCE BELONGED TO HENRY SHINGLER WHO RESIDED AT 31 OSBOURNE STREET LEEK STAFFORDSHIRE ENGLAND.IT RECORDS BIRTHS DEATHS AND MARRIAGES DATING BACK TO 1837.HENRY SHINGLER WAS BORN ON SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH 1837. WITH LUCK I AM TRYING TO FIND THE SHINGLER FAMILY. MUCH MORE INFORMATION IS IN THE BIBLE

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 13 May 2006 22:10

if you do a name hunt , this comes up maybe you could send a message? enter 'henry shingler' in the search boxes Henry 1837 Leek & Lowe Staffordshire Lea Send Message

Sui

Sui Report 13 May 2006 22:11

Debbie What section of e-bay did you find that on. From old family Letters there is a Smith Family Bible for my smith family in Dalkeith (one of which was a minister). maybe someone stuck my smith family bible on there too..lol sui

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 May 2006 22:12

Thanks Jess, Have done just hope she checks her emails!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 May 2006 22:13

Sui Sometimes they are posted under Antiquities and sometimes collectables but they should all come up if you enter Family Bible in search box

Sui

Sui Report 13 May 2006 22:15

going for a look.... Thanks Debbie

The Ego

The Ego Report 13 May 2006 22:45

As soon as I saw that name i thought of the town I grew up in-and sure enough theres a whole tribe that have been entered-about 4 generations there-all by the same person.!!