Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!!! So many Waterfields all related and so co

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pippa

Pippa Report 5 Apr 2006 21:53

Please see below

Pippa

Pippa Report 5 Apr 2006 22:07

I have found a new contact and obviously they have researched their part of their tree which links through to mine as we are related through brothers Thomas and John who are the sons of Richard Waterfield. I had the family like this for John: 1 Family Group Sheet John Waterfield Husband: 1772 Born: Leicestershire, Coleorton in: 30 Jul 1792 Married: Wirksworth, Derbyshire in: Richard Waterfield Father: Hannah Stenson Mother: Sarah Roose Wife: 1772 Born: approx. Leicester in: CHILDREN 1 William Waterfield Name: 1794 Born: M 2 Elizabeth Waterfield Name: 1796 Born: Nottinghamshire, Mansfield in: F 3 James Waterfield Name: 1798 Born: M 4 John Waterfield Name: 1804 Born: Nottinghamshire, Mansfield Certificate for Sarah Waterfield and three children from Thringstone to Mansfield 28th February 1800. To the Church Wardens and overseers of the poor of Mansfield from the township of Thringstone hereby cetify... and acknowledge that Sarah Waterfield and her three children William her son aged six, Elizabeth her daughter aged 4 years and James her son aged 2 years to be inhabitation legally settled in the township of Thringstone. We two majestys Justice of the peace in the county of Leicester as certify that Thomas Stinson of township of Thringstone did... church warden sign and seal that Thomas Stinson and Thomas Gilbert... hosting the said certificate 8th March 1800. We Church Wardens and overseers of the poor parish of Whitwick, Leics. Do hereby own and acknowledge Sarah Waterfield and her child or children of which she is now pregnant to be over inhabitant legally settled in Thringstone and parish of Whitwick in Leicesters. Hereby promise the said Sarah Waterfield and the child or children of which she is now pregnant however they shall become chargeable or to... relief of the parish of Mansfield, Nottm. Sarah Waterfield is now removing for the better support and maintenance of the afore said Sarah Waterfield and her child or children. 13th December forty third year of the reign of Sovreign George the third. Witnesses Thomas Stinson and John Husse. 17th December 1803 Thomas Stinson witnesses the certificate. Examination of Sarah Waterfield of Mansfield 10th October 1816 late husband John Waterfield who was the brother of Thomas Waterfield. This examination was removal from Mansfield to Thringstone, Leicester as this being her late husbands place of settlement. When she stopped about three quarters of a year when she procurred a certificate from Thringstone to Mansfield where she has ... received relief from Thringstone overseers for herself and family. Favour before me John Need and Thomas Maltby? X Sarah Waterfield her mark. They have it like this: John b1772, Coleorton, Leicestershire m Sarah Roose 30.7.1792 child: John b 1796 Alder Wasley m 18.10.1833 Elizabeth Greatorex So who belongs to who?

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 5 Apr 2006 22:15

Im sorry Id try and help but I dont understand what you have and what they have and what all this evidence means? LOL Suzanne

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 5 Apr 2006 22:18

You seem to have the same marriage for John and Sarah as they do? Whats the query? 'ALDERWASLEY is a township, in the parish of Wirksworth, about two miles E. by S. from that town. The mansion of Francis Hurt, Esq. is pleasantly situate near the church, and commands an extensive prospect. Population 424.' 'WIRKSWORTH is a market-town, in the parish of its name, which is partly in the hundred of Wirksworth, and extending into those of Appletree and High Peak; 139 miles from London, 48 S.S.E. from Manchester, 20 S.E. from Buxton, 14 S. by W. from Chesterfield, the like distance N.N.W. from Derby, 6 N.W. from Belper, and 3 S. from Matlock Bath; situate near to the direct road from the metropolis to Manchester. In Domesday survey it is called Werchesvorde, but, according to vulgar tradition, it took its derivation from the circumstance of malefactors being condemned to work in the lead-mines here, and their labours proving valuable, it was said their work is worth, hence the easy transition to its present mode of spelling.' [There is further information for Wirksworth] Suzanne

Pippa

Pippa Report 5 Apr 2006 22:26

Sorry I posted all the evidence as that is what I have to confuse me!!! The marriage is the same but the children are different John Waterfield b 1796 Alder Wasley m 18.10.1833 Elizabeth Greatorex They have this one!!! I have: William Waterfield 1794 Elizabeth Waterfield Name: 1796 Born: Nottinghamshire, Mansfield James Waterfield 1798 Born John Waterfield Name: 1804 Born: Nottinghamshire, Mansfield

Pippa

Pippa Report 5 Apr 2006 22:37

Thanks at least I know that place exists

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 5 Apr 2006 22:41

I dont really understand the removal orders? 1800 - applied to be removed from Thringstone to Mansfield? (had the three children mentioned) 1803 - actually moved to Mansfield? 1816 - Moved back to Thringstone? Have I read that correctly? Suzanne

Pippa

Pippa Report 6 Apr 2006 09:12

Sorry hubby made me go to bed!!! Waterfields seems to have been jet propelled back to Thringstone every time they became in poor in Mansfield. If the Mansfield baptisms are not for children of Sarah Roose and John Waterfield then I am unaware of another Sarah and John combination. Also the removal/settlement orders may be for another couple.

Pippa

Pippa Report 6 Apr 2006 15:03

Nudged for help and inspiration!!!!