Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who got married - brother or nephew?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Oct 2005 15:08

need some help with this one...

The Bag

The Bag Report 18 Oct 2005 15:09

Tee hee, looks as though i can read your mind!! 1871 View Record Eleanor Darlison abt 1845 Bow, Middlesex, England Wife Mile End Old Town London View Record Eleanor T Darlison abt 1869 Mile End, Middlesex, England Daughter Mile End Old Town London View Record Richard Darlison abt 1848 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Head Mile End Old Town London

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Oct 2005 15:09

I have a marriage for a Richard Darlison in 1867. Need help to figure out who got married - my ggggrandfather's brother or his cousin. The brother was born in 1847; the cousin was born in 1849 - both in Bethnal Green. The 1881 census has his age as 33 - so born c1848. There is a death in 1858 on FreeBMD - but which one is it? Could someone please check the 1871 census to see what the age is - he should be with wife and daughter, both named Eleanor. Cannot find the brother on 1861 census as that section is missing. At this stage - which would be more beneficial - the marriage certificate or the death certificate. (To make it more complicated, ggggrandfather's uncle Richard also got married in 1867!!)

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 18 Oct 2005 15:40

The marriage would be more beneficial, as that will tell you his fathers name. I'm hoping they're different names!

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Oct 2005 16:07

Oooh Jess is a psychic.... c1848 - doesn't narrow it down does it? Brother Richard was born April 21 1847 - with the census on April 2nd he couldn't have said he was 24 and help us out? Tracy - luckily they are - one is John, the other Joseph. Jess, could you check the address for Richard in 1871 - I am looking for 50 Grafton Street, Mile End. I am trying this in a roundabout way - father John died in 1870, witness R. Darlison of the above address. Trying to rule out if this was his son, or his brother.