Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/1871/1881/1891/1901 look ups offered (FULL)

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 27 Jun 2005 22:31

see new thread

The Bag

The Bag Report 27 Jun 2005 22:32

Please supply as much info as you have when requesting lookups, Which census/dates/birthplaces/likely whereabout. MY GEOGRAPHY ISN'T WONDERFUL (BUT IMPROVING...!) SO VILLAGE NAMES MAY NEED SOME LOCATING CLUES (NEAR...) PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE can you do the subraction sums and post years of birth not ages.... The more you can tell me the more likely i am to be able to find what you want! * * * * * * * * * Please re post name in response to queries - 'HE' was born in 1842 ' could apply to any number of people i am looking up!! ~Jess~

The Bag

The Bag Report 27 Jun 2005 22:58

Don, this one Name: Holmes, Grace Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1900 District: Ecclesall Bierlow County: Derbyshire West Riding of Yorkshire Volume: 9c Page: 387 will see if i can find her in 1901 census cant find a good match in any of these with the info you give me Grace Holmes abt 1900 Grantham, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Grantham Lincolnshire <--way off Grace Holmes abt 1901 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England Daughter St Michael on the Mount Lincolnshire <--way off Grace Holmes abt 1900 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Daughter Nether Hallam Yorkshire F=George M=Emily Grace Holmes abt 1900 Silsden, Yorkshire, England Daughter Silsden Yorkshire <--F=Timothy M= Annie Grace G Holmes abt 1900 Kent, England Daughter Islington London <--way off ---------------------------------------------------------------- There is a susannah and husband Frederick but no daughter Grace! Ernest Holmes abt 1895 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Son Attercliffe cum Darnall Yorkshire Eva Holmes abt 1893 Conisboro, Yorkshire, England Daughter Attercliffe cum Darnall Yorkshire Frederick Holmes abt 1868 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Head Attercliffe cum Darnall Yorkshire Susannah Holmes abt 1871 Blockley, Worcestershire, England Wife Attercliffe cum Darnall Yorkshire

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 27 Jun 2005 23:05

Jess. Thanks for finding the May couple on the previous look up. I am really confused now and probably having an 'over 50' moment. In 1861 William E Hawton is head of the household born 1830 and Ann May born 1808 is his mother. William May born 1808 is his father in law. In 1871 William May is the head of the household, with Ann as his wife and William Hawton is the son in law. Wouldn't Ann be his mother in law and if she was his mother, wouldn't William May be his father?? What do you reckon?? Thanks. Jan

toto

toto Report 27 Jun 2005 23:14

hi Jess would you please look for a John Hume at 1 madelaine street Toxeth Park Liverpool i know it is not much but it 's all i have from a marriage cet hope you can help thank you allen

English Bob

English Bob Report 27 Jun 2005 23:28

Hello Jess, From your note I see you haven't forgotten me. As you can gather Tom begat Tom is obsessional. I'll put up a better rqst later when my head has framed the new info. Won't be tomorrow, we're all at the Fleet revue with Liz. x Bob

Clarence

Clarence Report 28 Jun 2005 00:21

HI JESS, THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO, IT,S VERY INTERESTING WHAT A FAMILY.FANCY DOING ALL THE CENSUS ON WILLIAM WALKER AND TIRZAH[OR THIRZA FORMERLY MILES] LIVING AT NORTHFIELD RD NETHERTON, DUDLEY. IKNOW OF ONE CHILD TIRZAH [MY GG GRANDMOTHER ]BORN AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS ON 24/4/1860. SHE MARRIED GEORGE BLAKESTONE AT PONTEFRACT IN 1878. IWOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF HER PARENTS CAME TO YORKSHIRE AS WELL. LOVE MAGGIE

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 09:01

Allen. Kind of when? It isn't easy to search by address, any idea which decade he'd have married?

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 09:12

Maggie guess these are yours John Miles abt 1802 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Head Dudley Worcestershire Sarah Miles abt 1801 Oxfordshire, England Wife Dudley Worcestershire Thomas Miles abt 1841 Son Dudley Worcestershire Eliza Walker abt 1860 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Granddaughter Dudley Worcestershire Elizabeth Walker abt 1858 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Granddaughter Dudley Worcestershire Mariah Walker abt 1857 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Granddaughter Dudley Worcestershire Thirza Walker abt 1832 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Daughter Dudley Worcestershire William Walker abt 1832 Dudley, Worcestershire, England Son-in-law Dudley not sure where the baby you mention is They are all living at Northfield Rd

Sally

Sally Report 28 Jun 2005 11:28

Hi Jess, Please could you look up Sidney Hannis, born 1895 in the Cranham, Glos area on the 1901 census? Many Thanks Sally

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 18:24

Margaret, I can see his 1881 marriage, but nothing else.

Sophie

Sophie Report 28 Jun 2005 19:07

Hi Jess. Thanks for offer. I am looking for a Marion josaphine Murphy (c) 1876 Born in Ireland. there is a Marian murphy on 1901 census living in leicester who was a teachers assistant, but not sure that it is her. Marion Murphy had son Hugh Patrick in 1904 in Fulham, father not named, occupation Gouverness. Any info or suggestions would be greatfully recieved. Thanks sophie

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 20:02

sally. I'm guessing this must be the man 1901 Alfred Hannis abt 1887 Little Witcombe, Gloucestershire, England Son Brockworth Gloucestershire Annie Hannis abt 1889 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Brockworth Gloucestershire Charles Hannis abt 1886 Little Witcombe, Gloucestershire, England Son Brockworth Gloucestershire Ellen Hannis abt 1888 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Brockworth Gloucestershire Frank Hannis abt 1861 Great Witcome Head Brockworth Gloucestershire Louisa Hannis abt 1893 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Brockworth Gloucestershire Sarah Annie Hannis abt 1862 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Wife Brockworth Gloucestershire Sidney Hannis abt 1897 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Son Brockworth Gloucestershire Thomas Hannis abt 1895 Brockworth, Gloucestershire, England Son Brockworth Gloucestershire address:houshold 7 Gaopers (?)hill. Goapers/Coopers/Goopers? very hard to read ------------------------------------------------------

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 20:05

Sophie, where was Hugh Patrick born please?London? Name: MURPHY, Hugh Patrick Record Type: Births Quarter: December Year: 1904 District: Fulham County: Greater London London Middlesex Volume: 1a Page: 269

toto

toto Report 28 Jun 2005 20:09

hi Jess John Hume had a son named Frederick Elliot Hume born c 1859 and marred in 1890 at age 31 and down as bachelor it is his marriage cet i got the address from allen

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 20:15

I think the one you found in leicester is your best bet, was her mothers name Anna by any chance? this person (a teacher) lives in the same household Anna M Murphy abt 1852 Ireland None Leicester formerly St Margaret Leicestershire

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 20:43

Allen hunting on Hume and toxteth , theses are the only two i can find, in Essex St 1891 Hume, Bertha abt 1883 Liverpool; Toxteth Park Boarder Toxteth Park Lancashire Hume, Rachel abt 1848 Liverpool Boarder Toxteth Park Lancashire on the 1891 he and his wife appear, and it seems that he was born scotland Hume, Frederick E abt 1859 Scotland Head Poulton with Seacombe Cheshire Hume, Mary E abt 1869 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Poulton with Seacombe Cheshire 48 Rapper Rd

toto

toto Report 28 Jun 2005 20:56

hi Jess thanks alot for looking for me i'll have to go another way the one's you found are new to me i'll have to look in to them thanks Allen

Sophie

Sophie Report 28 Jun 2005 21:51

Hi Jess, Hugh Patrick Murphy was born if I can remember rightly at 176 minster road in Fulham, London. Hope that sheads some light on whatever you may have found. Thanks again Sophie

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Jun 2005 22:10

Sophie, still think the one in leicester is probably the best bet. i cannot find another that fits the bill. is his father named on his birth cert?