Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ww1 medals and service cards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Abigail

Abigail Report 10 Apr 2005 11:53

There was a thread a little while ago about a company who holds service records for ww1 wanting to destroy them...

Abigail

Abigail Report 10 Apr 2005 11:58

Does anyone know whether this company holds the service cards for all the forces? I am wanting to get my great grandfather's record before they destroy it but as I am not sure whether he was in the the Royal or Merchant Navy in ww1 I am not sure how to go about it. I think Bristol has most of the Maritime records but will this include ww1 service cards for these forces? I do know that he was mentioned in despatches and that he was a skipper in the fishing fleet when he was killed in 1940. He is on the cwgc site and on the memorial on Tower Hill. Would I need his service no before I can order them and if I do who do I ask for that? Anybody, pleeeeeese?! Abigail

Abigail

Abigail Report 11 Apr 2005 17:50

Thank you Tracey Abigail

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Apr 2005 18:27

abigail,try[1] the merchant navy site for info ,[ 2] national office 9 saxon way,caistor,market rasen, ln7 6sg tel -fax, 01472851130, they will help you, all the best of luck.tony

Abigail

Abigail Report 11 Apr 2005 20:12

Thanks Tony I will do that tomorrow am Abigail