Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Misspelt ALLNUTT's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Queenie

Queenie Report 8 Jan 2005 18:25

Has anyone any ALLNUTT's on the 1901 census who they found misspelt. I have seven born on the Isle of wight that I can not find. I have tried every spelling variation I can think of. I do have one family living on the Island that were transcribed ALHINTT which I tried. The family were on the 1881 at Alveston Mews, London but cant find them after that. Dont know where they were on the 1891 either. They were: William aged 34 in 1901 John aged 28 Alfred aged 37 Henry age 39 There are some girls but obviously they will probably be under married names. Thanks for any help.

Walter

Walter Report 8 Jan 2005 18:45

have you tried ALLENT?

Sprack

Sprack Report 8 Jan 2005 20:29

what about colenutt amanda?, I have one in my tree from the island, try www dot isle-of-wight-fhs dot co dot uk and look at the searchable births marriages and deaths. jenny x

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 21:02

There's lots of Colenutts on the Island.

Keith

Keith Report 9 Jan 2005 12:39

Hi Amanda, Found a Sarah Allnutt's death December 1883 Kensington 1a132 aged 52, could be a possible. Also, found Alfred Allnutt's death March 1888 St. Georges Hanover Sq 1a342 aged 53, another possible? Keith

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jan 2005 12:46

I suppose you try Aunutt or Aunull?

Queenie

Queenie Report 12 Jan 2005 20:55

NO luck with the alternative spellings. Also tries AUCUTT, AURETE and AUSTON. Anyone know where they are in 1891? Assuming in the Kensington area or somewhere in London.

Queenie

Queenie Report 21 Jan 2005 16:06

Found John Allnutt born on the I.O.W. in Chelsea in 1891, Westminster Place Court. No luck with any others.

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 18:12

Have you tried just putting in their first name, age, place of birth and likely resident area?

Sheila

Sheila Report 21 Jan 2005 19:16

I expect you have tried Allnatt for Allnutt already, that's all I have found so far but I haven't really tried hard yet. Not enough info to go on from our tree to do a full search. You could try using ALL** and see what you get. Sheila

Queenie

Queenie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:17

Yes tried just first name etc. no luck. Tried Ancestry for all census and 1901. Im starting to think they have all died now I cant find John allnutt on 1901 either.

George

George Report 21 Jan 2005 19:20

Is this one of yours, found in the british home child index on the NAC site: ALLNUTT? , John Age: 9 Sex: M Year of arrival: 1891 Microfilm reel: C-4538 Ship: SS Sardinian Port of departure: Liverpool Departure Date: 16 Apr 1891 Port of arrival: Quebec Arrival Date: 27 Apr 1891 Destination: Montreal ? Comments: Father RUSSELL in vessel to Montreal; Sisters PHILONENA and PASCAL nurses; Mrs SIBBLES matron.

Queenie

Queenie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:28

The John Allnutt I found was 18 in 1891 so dont think the Quebec one is him. Pity, it sounds a really interesting line of research!