Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hales Family (Kent) Photograph Album

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 8 May 2004 19:25

Not a tip as such, but rather a tip-off. Is anybody is researching HALES, CLINCH, COX, CORNWELL, KEMSLEY, GUNYON AND COBB families from the Maidstone/Sittingbourne areas in Kent? If so, I have just put on my website at http://uk.geocities(.)com/ancestralpast - remove brackets as always - 36 late Victorian/early EdwardianCabinet Photographs, and photographic postcards from a photograph album which previously belonged to a member of the Hales family from the Maidstone and Sittinbourne areas in Kent. The Hales were clearly connected to the other families mentioned above, probably by marriage. It would be marvellous to find a proven descendant so that this album could be offered back to the family. David

Sarah

Sarah Report 8 May 2004 19:56

Hi I know the Sittingbourne area quite well. I do know that the names COBB and HALES are from around that area. Also not so long ago iam sure some one was looking for HALES in this area.( It may have been within the last 2 weeks) I hope you can reunite them! All the best Sarah

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 8 May 2004 20:09

Thanks, Sarah, There certainly seem to be a few people on GC researching Hales in Kent, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of them will spot this thread. It seems such a shame that all these photos should have wound up at an antiques centre. I couldn't resist the temptation to rescue them and add them to all the other lost souls on my site! David

Vee

Vee Report 8 May 2004 21:16

Hi David. My mothers' family are Clinch from Sittingbourne. I have not got very far in my research into her side of the family, and cannot claim the other names you mentioned as being in my family tree (yet anyway). I do have an OLD photo album and wanted to check your site to see if any were the same as mine. That would certainly have helped in my searching and maybe given another route to go along. Problem is - try as I might I can't find your website, can you help me with that bit please? By the way- What a hero, rescuing the album!! So glad people care enough to do that sort of thing. Regards Vee

Sidami

Sidami Report 8 May 2004 21:23

Hello David, Just had a look at your web site wish they were my photo's........

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 9 May 2004 14:06

Verna Have just e-mailed you. In case anybody else is having problems, the site address is: http://uk.geocities(.)com/ancestralpast Don't forget to remove the brackets from around the dot before "com"; don't put "www" in before "uk" and, importantly, there is no space in the word "ancestralpast". Sue Glad you enjoyed the visit! Happy viewing folks. David

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 3 Jun 2004 06:16

Great news! The album is now safely in the hands of a Hales descendant. Many thanks for your role in this success, Vee. I have not yet recorded this on AncestralPast, but will do so in the not too distant future. It is going to take a little while for me to sort out the family detail I have been given and put it into a meaningful success story. David

Janet

Janet Report 13 Aug 2018 21:45

I have many Hales in my family tree connecting to the Clinch, Cox, Cornwall & Gunyon families and would be really interested to see these photos. I see this thread is 14 years old so I don’t know if anyone will pick it up but thought it worth a try!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Aug 2018 10:03

To try to make contact, click on David's name and send a message

However, as he has zero posts to his name, he is almost certainly no longer on GR

Have you looked at the website he mentioned?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Aug 2018 11:05

Unfortunately, "Web page cannot be found".

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Aug 2018 16:21

Hardly surprising in view of the date of the original post