Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who are we looking for in DEVON have the 1851 cens

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 8 May 2004 05:57

Mine are:- Bennett Bulley Harvey Moor/e spark/e wingate Rundle my husbands andrews crockwell dart earles knapman martin luscombe manning ryder shillabeer will answer anyone coming forward with any of these names. Thank you for your attention. Why don't you add yours????

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 9 May 2004 11:38

My research if for the RAYMOND family. Richard Raymond and William Henry Raymond in particular. William Henry Raymond moved to CO. DURHAM sometime in the 1860's.

Sally

Sally Report 10 May 2004 06:39

Linda, Om the 1851 cesnus have found these. 4 Richard Raymonds Head 1810 lapford, 3 servents 1811,1832 and 1837. William Raymond Head 1801 born Cheriton bishop head 1807 crediton head 1815 winkleigh serv 1824 crediton son 1834 st thomas exeter vist 1837 ottery st mary g/son 1850 lapford Are any of these yours?????

Linda

Linda Report 10 May 2004 11:02

Hi Sally I am looking for Martins from the Plymouth area, are these the same Martins as yours, as Devon is a big county. Linda P

Jackie

Jackie Report 10 May 2004 13:19

Mine are all from Brixham: BRAY EFFORD CARLILE DASHPER COLLYER BERRY HARRIS Also looking for info on families BICKFORD TOM GALMPTON WATES Again from Brixham, Devon. Jackie

Barbara

Barbara Report 10 May 2004 17:29

Hi Sally, Mine that I'm looking for info on is ROWE of Plympton St Mary which seems to be a very common name in Devon! I also have some info on CLYNICK of PSM if anybody else is interested in that name. Barbara

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 10 May 2004 23:40

Hello Sally - Many thanks for looking up my Raymonds on the 1851 Census. I've been looking at these records (I've got the CD too) and following up for the last two and a half years and I havent been able to prove a connection to any one of them. Cost me a fortune in birth certificates. Shall get there in the end, but when will the end be? I ask. Kind regards - Linda

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 11 May 2004 00:04

I'm looking for the ACLAND and RIDLER families who, as far as I know, came from the Tiverton area. My great grandmother was Honor Ann Acland and she was born in Tiverton in 1841. Her father was Walter Isaac Acland and her mother Ann Ridler. Were Walter and Ann born in Tiverton? Were they married there? Did Ann die there? (Walter and Honor moved to London somtime prior to 1865.) Can anyone shed any light? Please!

Sally

Sally Report 11 May 2004 07:02

LINDA. There are 175 matches for Martin Plymouth in 1851 census. my Annie Martin came from cornwall. but married knapman from Torquay. --------------- JACKIE there are on 1851 census Brixham Bray 20 Efford 76 Carlile 4 Dashper 37 Berry 11 Haris 10 Bickford 203 Tom 394 Galmpton can not find Wates 1 in norfolk --------------- BARBARA Rowe in Plympton 22 Arscott 418 Parkhouse 422 --------- LINDA Will get back to you. If I can help you all more please get in touch. Sally.

Debra

Debra Report 15 Jun 2004 09:48

I am working on Stone and Pepperell families from Hallsands, Stokenham and Carlile and Evans in Brixham. Does anyone else have these names?

SusieQ

SusieQ Report 15 Jun 2004 13:34

Hi, I am looking for a marriage. In the area of Penzance? Francis Alban Hoole to a Winifred Chapple between the years of 1916 to 1920. Can anybody help?

Joyce

Joyce Report 15 Jun 2004 15:41

hi, Sally, I'm desperate to find anything on Bastow......Devon. Father Peter ( it says Peter John on dau's marriage cert) Hannah Maria dau born mid1840s John son born c1839 +- 2yrsish place of birth on censuses nk Devon although Buckfastleigh Devon is listed for John on one census I'm hoping to find son & parents on a 41 somewhere, a 51 would be terrific.I can't find them on 1837online and I've spent £££s Thanks a lot Joyce

Barbara

Barbara Report 15 Jun 2004 17:37

Hi Sally, just wanted to update my previous message now that I have alittle bit more info. I'm looking for a Richard Rowe in particular. According to his marriage cert (1861) his father was John Rowe, carpenter. The certificate says he was living in St Andrews Plymouth and was "Full age" but I'm suspicous he was not! Don't suppose you can find anyone that fits can you? kind regards Barbara

Sally

Sally Report 30 Jun 2004 07:14

Hi Barbara, Found a John Rowe 25 Mary Ann Wife son Richard living at 5 Fore st, Totnes. Guess where I lived? 3 Fore st, strange world eh??

Jubal

Jubal Report 30 Jun 2004 08:55

Hello Sally, I am looking for MARSHFIELD and CARROLL. (My great grandmother Teresa Carroll was born in Ireland in 1879. She is on the 1901 census for Plymouth, and she married my great grandfather Charles Marshfield in 1905, Plymouth. I don't know when she came over to the UK or if she came alone). Julie

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 30 Jun 2004 10:29

Looking for the birth details of James CHAMPLIN - Plymouth c1800-1810 for a cousin who's messageboard shy :-)

Deborah

Deborah Report 30 Jun 2004 14:56

David Knight, Have e-mailed you. Here is my list - ESSERY - Barnstaple/Pilton SKINNER - Plymouth/Orginally Exeter BABB - Barnstaple GAGE - Lyme Regis/Barnstaple LABBETT - Braunton LILLICRAP - Shaugh Prior SYMONS - Yealmpton/Plymstock/Plymouth COLLIHOLE - Winkleigh FRIEND - Winkleigh LASHBROOK - Plymouth Be great to hear from anyone with any connections to the above names. Debbie

Sue

Sue Report 30 Jun 2004 17:16

Here are mine:- SELDON - Landkey, Knowle (Crediton), Broadclyst SPILLER - Venn Ottery, Broadclyst SPEAR(E) - Nymet Rowland, Crediton areas Also just starting on GIBBS - Tiverton AYSHFORD - Tiverton Sue

Abigail

Abigail Report 30 Jun 2004 19:52

I am after Janes or McLean from 1880 to 1901 in Brixham Regards Abigail

Leigh

Leigh Report 30 Jun 2004 23:35

Hello Mine are: TRUST and for Plymouth: SIMPSON BERRYMAN HARRISON Cheers Leigh