Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hello steven ley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 30 Apr 2004 15:17

sorry only just got back thanks 4 ure kind offer. i keep searching the 1901 census and sent them numerous emails but they just send out their standard reply. here goes father james griffiths born ? mother sarah griffiths born? Bessie Griffiths (my grandmother) born bebington wirral 1890 james griffiths b c1892 wirral elizabeth b c1895 wirral if u can find them the drinks are on me! by the way i know they all stayed around the wirral area sometimes it might be cheshire or birkenhead my mother was born in west kirby wirral which for some reason was classed as woodchurch birkenhead. all very confusing.

Steven

Steven Report 30 Apr 2004 16:47

Hi Brenda,No luck i'm afraid,have you found them in the 1891 census? Or is ther a chance they were in a different area. Steve.

Brenda

Brenda Report 30 Apr 2004 20:31

thanks for trying steven i have tried most sites now but they are very elusive!!!!!!!must never have answered their door

Steven

Steven Report 30 Apr 2004 20:33

Hi Brenda,I don't like to give up on them have you found them with the last name mis spelled ? I could try with a different spelling. Steve.

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 May 2004 11:40

hello again i have got bessies birth cert 8 july higher bebington reg dist wirral sub district eastham counties of birkenhead and chester father james griffiths general labourer mother sarah griffiths formerly johnson registered 18 aug 1890 i also have her marriage cert oct 23 1910 the parish church west kirby father james griffiths labourer. the residence put at storeton (which is in birkenhead now) county of chester. theres only one james griffiths on 1901 who could match living birkenhead gen labourer but he was a single man and no others in household. i know james died before 1915 because their son james who i have traced thru the war graves commision it says on his certificate his mother was sarah wright formerly griffiths so she must have remarried, i just cant seem to get any further with them cant even find their marriage. ive been at it for a year so i guess i wont be giving up either. regards brenda

Steven

Steven Report 1 May 2004 13:32

Tried with different spellings but no luck. Keep trying and i'm sure you will have a break through. Steve.

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 May 2004 18:55

youll hear me singing in the streets if i do regards brenda