Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For who are we looking-DEVON/CORNWALL

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 16 Apr 2004 16:46

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to go through over 300 postings so i'll try staring another. Hope no-one minds? Pam

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 16 Apr 2004 16:49

My rellies are as follows: HAMMOND: East Stonehouse, Devon SQUIRE: East Stonehouse, Devon BRIANT: Plymouth, Devon STUTTAFORD: Stoke Dameral, Devon LOVELL: East Stonehouse, Devon ROWE: Boscastle, Cornwall I thank You! Pam :~)

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 16 Apr 2004 16:51

Cornwall: GOLDSWORTHY Devon (Stoke Damerel/Devonport mostly) WAKEHAM HARWOOD HOOPER GOLDSWORTHY

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 17:05

CORNWALL Little Petherick - my great-great grandfather James BROAD born there in 1819. MAWGAN in pydar - James' children, especially JAMES jnr b.1859 and GEORGE BROAD b1856 - they vanish after 1871.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 16 Apr 2004 17:09

Hi Kathryn, Ive emailed you about Wakehams. regards trish

Barbara

Barbara Report 16 Apr 2004 17:34

Here are mine: CLYNICK ROWE Both Plympton Saint Mary, Devon. Barbara

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 16 Apr 2004 18:14

Blatchley Exeter . Britton/ Exeter. Back/ Topsham/Exeter.

Samantha

Samantha Report 16 Apr 2004 18:32

hi - dont know if this will help but i live in holsworthy devon - if anyone would like me to look in the churches around this area (bradworthy/holsworthy/ stratton/ clawton etc) please e mail me & ill see what i can do good luck in your searches! sam

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 16 Apr 2004 18:59

Hi Pam, Forgot earlier on when posted a message,to say yes its a good idea for Devon & Cornwall to have their own little thread,but when you say about trawling through lots of the other thread started by Janet,I always check by adding the number at the end,and checking every couple of days.Saves a lot of time,I know what you mean. Good idea. regards trish P.s.Big thanks to Janet Nickless for the original idea. hope I spelt your name right.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 16 Apr 2004 19:04

Hi Everyone, Me again, This is the number of Who for and Where are we looking started by Janet Nickless is 548678. Just in case are rellies are in a different area. regards trish

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 16 Apr 2004 19:51

Hi, I am looking for: Brock, Simons and Ryall in Stoke Damerel, Morice Town and Torpoint. Kathy

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 16 Apr 2004 20:38

Hi I am looking for George Crago Cornwall Morval Mathew Crago son Cornwall Morval Margaret.

Jackie

Jackie Report 16 Apr 2004 20:41

Hi, I'm looking for: BRAY EFFORD SHERWILL/SHERWELL/SHERRILL CARLI(S)LE All Devon. Jackie

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Apr 2004 21:02

Hi I have a few, mainly Devon but some spillage into Cornwall: FOSTER CLARK(E) DAW(E) TRUSCOTT ANDREW PEARCE AUSTEN NOCK FERRIS Regards Caroline

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 16 Apr 2004 22:00

Good idea Pam My names are- COLLINGS. RICE. Both Devon any little titbit as I'm at a standstill thanks. Jill

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 16 Apr 2004 22:20

Same goes for me Barry, haven't a clue either. Just started to look at Janets thread (great idea) but got to page 5 and lost the will to live. Think counties would be good. maybe GC sould start a new board for counties? Also thanks to the lady in Devon who offered to look in churches, i don't know where her area is in realtion to anything else so maybe she could clarify that please? (sorry, i haven't got your name but when you start to add a message, you forget) Pam

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 16 Apr 2004 22:29

nudge

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 16 Apr 2004 22:39

nudge

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Apr 2004 01:14

To Baz & Pam, I think what Trish means (& I stand to be corrected) is that she notes the thread number in the address bar and how many replies are on the thread, then when you go back, you just look at the additions not the ones you already looked at before. It would make thing easier, but I never thought to do it before. thanks for the tip! Barbara

Shirli

Shirli Report 17 Apr 2004 10:36

Hi everyone. I am looking for: PALMER SLADER HUXTABLE HOLLAND Palmer and Slader would be in or near Cullompton. Huxtable and Holland would be in and around Tiverton.