Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 UK census (Ancestry.co.uk)

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 28 Oct 2003 14:54

I have access to the above, and would gladly help anyone that needs info from this. Viv

Penny

Penny Report 28 Oct 2003 15:21

Yes please if you get a moment can you look up Agnes Lyons 2 Glebe Road Southampton. Not sure of her age but a young woman and single. Hopefully living with her family Many Thanks. Penny

Darren white

Darren white Report 28 Oct 2003 15:23

Hi Viv Gonna take you up on your offer. Looking for Barrett George Barrett age 1 in 1851 (only he was called George White then). I think that there was funny business going on :-) Born Bulkington, Warwickshire His Mother was Sarah Barrett (nee White) Father was William Barrett Also looking for Charles or Charlie Barrett born Bulkington was 24 in 1881 As far as I know they didn't wander far from home Thanks Darren

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 28 Oct 2003 15:49

Lesley, have sent you an email Viv

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 28 Oct 2003 15:54

Hello Vivienne Could you please find a Martha Bonehill born Stafford 1838. Probably in Aston Birmingham. Thanks Shirley

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 28 Oct 2003 16:00

Penny, Sorry, nothing for Southampton - though plenty people of that name. Viv

Lilian

Lilian Report 28 Oct 2003 16:01

Hello Viv, Could you please look for a William (John) Lindon or Linden? He was born about 1858 so he should be about 32 in 1891. He was married in Liverpool in 1882 so he could be there but he was a mariner and could be anywhere. Sorry I can't give you any more info, Thanks, Lilian

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 28 Oct 2003 16:02

vivienne please can i take you up on your offer? im desperate im looking for John HATTON aged about 23yrs (33yrs on 1901 census) born in Deptford ,London my nans elder sister was born in 1892 so his wife should be with him. her name was Louisa(nee LYONS)aged 21yrs born Lambeth thankyou susie

Gail

Gail Report 28 Oct 2003 16:03

That would be great. Can you look for Thomas Ellis born norfolk and Richard Walker born Wakefield/Dewsbury. Thankyou very much Gail

Penny

Penny Report 28 Oct 2003 16:05

Thanks for looking Viv, I was assuming as Agnes gave birth to a baby(my g grandmother) at this address in March 1892 she might have been living there. I havnt any other details on her to narrow it down, dangerous thing 'assuming' in genealogy. Penny

Rus&

Rus& Report 28 Oct 2003 16:06

hi viv, could you please have a look for the following family THOMAS THORNTON BODILY SARAH BODILY(wife) both aged about 30 both born in greens norton northamptonshire possibly a couple of children I think at the time of the 1891 census they were living in NORTHAMPTON the surname may have been spelt as BODALY on the 1891(thats how its spelt on 1901 could cheerfully strangle enumerators sometimes lol) thanks for offering to do this kaz

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 28 Oct 2003 16:32

Sorry Shirley :( Nothing at all in the census for Martha Bonehill Viv

nic87

nic87 Report 28 Oct 2003 16:46

If you have the time, please could you do a look up for me, it is a bit tricky as i dont have any d.o.b . George Price (all from the Nottingham area.) his wife Hannah, their children, Albert, Kate (and any others that may appear in a census) I think George and Hannah would've been born between 1855-1875. Thanks! Nicola

Anna

Anna Report 28 Oct 2003 16:53

hello could you do a lookup for me please if you have time.I am looking for Matthew MACBETH aged about 39(this can also be spelt Mc beth Macbeath or even Mackbeth)He should be living with wife Elizabeth and Children John and James.They should be in Sunderland.Also Samuel MACBETH aged about 37 and his wife Margaret (Maggie) and daughter Annie(also Sunderland hopefully) Thanks Anna

Donna

Donna Report 28 Oct 2003 18:43

Yes please could you please look up John and Elizabeth Smith living at 8 Redmore Road, Hammersith- Or thats where I think they were. thank you

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Oct 2003 19:06

Hi Viv I wondered if you could look up a Albert and Rose Houghton living as husband and wife in Southampton possibly Bitterne Hampshire. And who is living with them and where? is there a Matilda Houghton with them or is she elsewhere. Thank you very much Debbie

Irene

Irene Report 28 Oct 2003 19:27

Hi Viv. Please could you do a lookup for the following Taylor families for me. I know it is a common name but you may find some info for me. Lymington, Hampshire James Taylor would be aged 39 in c51 his wife Mary aged 26 in c51 Their children John Richard Taylor aged 6 in c51 Charles Taylor aged 14 in c51 Arundel, Sussex James William Taylor aged 39 c51 Caroline Taylor aged 39 c51 Althea Lillywhite Taylor would be aged approx 60 James Taylor aged 19 in c51 Richard Taylor aged 16 c51 Henry Taylor aged 13 c51 Ursula Taylor would be aged around 51 Herisuitha Jane Taylor would be aged around 49 William Taylor aged 6 c51 Elizabeth Taylor aged 2 c51 Caroline Taylor aged 1 c51 John Taylor would be aged approx 39 Kate Taylor would be aged approx 37 I am very much a newbie to genealogy so if I have got it all wrong please forgive me. I have not been able to find much about this family so if you should find anything to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Irene

Irene

Irene Report 28 Oct 2003 19:27

Hi Viv. Please could you do a lookup for the following Taylor families for me. I know it is a common name but you may find some info for me. Lymington, Hampshire James Taylor would be aged 39 in c51 his wife Mary aged 26 in c51 Their children John Richard Taylor aged 6 in c51 Charles Taylor aged 14 in c51 Arundel, Sussex James William Taylor aged 39 c51 Caroline Taylor aged 39 c51 Althea Lillywhite Taylor would be aged approx 60 James Taylor aged 19 in c51 Richard Taylor aged 16 c51 Henry Taylor aged 13 c51 Ursula Taylor would be aged around 51 Herisuitha Jane Taylor would be aged around 49 William Taylor aged 6 c51 Elizabeth Taylor aged 2 c51 Caroline Taylor aged 1 c51 John Taylor would be aged approx 39 Kate Taylor would be aged approx 37 I am very much a newbie to genealogy so if I have got it all wrong please forgive me. I have not been able to find much about this family so if you should find anything to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Irene

Vivienne

Vivienne Report 28 Oct 2003 19:59

OK!! LILIAN: Have searched Lindon/Linden/Lynden/Lyndon all I have found which is probably nothing to do with your tree :( is William A Linden aged 31 born in Liverpool was boarding @ 152, Brook Road St.Johns Hackey Ldn RG12/184 He was a ship broker. Sorry! SUSAN: Can find nothing at all for John Hatton - sorry JAMES: There are TWENTY people with this name in Norfolk, if you could give me more details please. Richard Walker, 35 born Dewsbury Hannah (wife) 24 born Dewsbury RG12/3691 St.Mary,Leeds. Richard Walker 18 born Dewsbury railway clerk Ann (mother) 41 widow assistant matron born Yorks Floden KAZ: Thomas Bodily aged 9 Northants RG12/1204

Rus&

Rus& Report 28 Oct 2003 20:19

hi viv thank you for taking the time to do the look-up for me its very appreciated kaz