Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone living in Dublin who can help me??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Sep 2003 23:56

I was wondering if anyone living in Dublin could help me. I am trying to find the family of my great nan, she was born in Ireland in 1909, she was called ROSE KAVANAGH. Her father was called William Kavanagh and was a farmer. Rose had many siblings but I only know the name of one - BRIDIE Kavanagh, I do not know if she was older or younger than Rose. I was hoping someone who lived in Dublin could look up the 1911 census in the national archives and see if Rose and her family are there. Unfortunatley I do not know where abouts they originated from and I dont know how this will affect the search. I am hoping to get over to Dublin in the new year to do some research, but for now I am not sure where I can get info on that side of the family. Thus my desperate plea! Any help will be much appreciated and I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks Jo xxx

Laurie

Laurie Report 4 Sep 2003 00:24

Hi Joanne, Just looked on the following and there are a few K(C)avanagh messages. If you go to the following and once read that message you can then click on Return to message listings which will take you to all messages for your surname. I found this a good site and managed to contact a few relatives: http://genforum(.)genealogy(.)com/kavanagh/messages/305(.)html Hope this helps. Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2003 11:07

Thanks, I amof to look there now! Fingers crossed eh!!