Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address for Index of divorces

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 3 Sep 2003 20:38

As part of my job had to find this address and thought it might be useful to treetracers too.If you need to trace a record of a decree absolute you can ring 0207 9477 017, £20 covers a 10 year search ( unless on benefits) Principal Registry of the Family Division Decree Absolute search Section First Avenue house 42-49 High Holborn London WC1V 6NP

Annie

Annie Report 3 Sep 2003 22:57

Monica Thanks for the tip. I've been struggling to work out a family puzzle where I have my g grandfathers sister's marriage certificate from 1898 and she is on the 1901 census as 'single' and living with her mother. No sign of her husband, either dead or alive. Ancient surviving relatives are adamant she never married so obviously something distressing happened. Her death certificate also says she is single. Would you reckon it's worth £20 to see whether they were divorced? He was 41 and she was 20 when they married (and both her parents were witnesses so it seems it was with parental consent). Best wishes a

Rosi

Rosi Report 4 Sep 2003 00:42

Maybe it was bigamous and he was married already? Rosi