Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with 1891 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

May

May Report 3 Sep 2003 12:50

Hi everyone, Some of you may remember that I found, thanks to this site my grandfather and I now have his birth certificate. He is Thomas Ricardson born out of wedlock to Margaret Richardson. On the 1881 census he was living with his mother and grandparents at Atkinsons yard Brampton Cumberland. His mother was 25. On the 1891 census Thomas was still there age 13 but his mother Margaret wasn't. This was at Fawkes lane Brampton. In fact none of the daughters were there, Margaret, Susan or Emma. I would like to know if Margaret was still alive then. Thank you May

May

May Report 3 Sep 2003 16:06

Hello Rosemary, Thank you very much for looking for that for me, and yes I would like details. I have been stuck on this for ages now. Finally found my grandfather and now stuck on his mother. I really appreciate your help Rosemary. Margaret was unmarried when she had Thomas so she might have remained unmarried. Thank you May

May

May Report 3 Sep 2003 23:37

Hello Rosemary, Thank you very much for the information. Yes please could I have the other information. I too have not been able to connect to the Internet for about 2 hours. I thank you very much for your help. All this talk about lookups is making me feel that I shouldn't ask. I do try to help myself. I am 68 and live on my own on pension. I have got back myself to the 1700's on one of my ancestors but got stuck on others. Without the help of the kind people on here I wouldn't be as far. Many thanks Rosemary (they call my sister Mary Rose) May

May

May Report 4 Sep 2003 00:04

Rosemary, Many, many thanks for your help. May