Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Records-Southport

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 3 Sep 2003 11:34

Hi Does anyone know if the above would look at info for you before you order the cert. I ,as we all have prob done at some stage, received a wrong cert and have found another index ref but don't want to send for it if it's wrong again. One birth cert is stopping me progressing further. Any idea's would be great. I asked the Manchester registration and they didn't want to know. Kind regards Catherine

Chris

Chris Report 3 Sep 2003 11:45

Hi Catherine Yes they will do a search for you,they did one for me and charged £4.50, YOU NEED TO GIVE THEM AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN good luck Christine

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 3 Sep 2003 11:57

Thanks Christine. Don't mind paying an extra £4.50. What kind of info apart from the obvious do you think they would want? I only have the persons name what their father was called and his profession the mothers first name and the index ref number, qtr etc. Will they look at the index then the parents details to see if it's correct. Thanks again Catherine

Lynne

Lynne Report 3 Sep 2003 15:32

Catherine They will do a search over 3 years so if you know the year just quote that. If you have other info tell them so they can try and match it. Beware though, they may still send a certificate for the wrong person, I've had a few even after giving them all the details! Lynne Sale PS: I personally have had a really good service from Manchester Reg Office.