Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 and 1891 census help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nigel

Nigel Report 2 Sep 2003 17:48

Would appreciate any help in getting information on my g-g-grandfather. Isaac Churchman. I have him in the 1881 and 1901 censuses living in Castle Acre, Norfolk. I believe that he was born in Litcham, Norfolk around 1855. Thanks.

Andy

Andy Report 2 Sep 2003 18:03

On the 1891 census, we have: Isaac Churchman, Head, Married, 37, Agricultural Labourer, born Norfolk Castle Acre Elizabeth Churchman, Wife, Married, 34, Norfolk Swaffham Herbert Churchman, Son, Single, 13, Scholar, Norfolk Swaffham Frances Churchman, Daughter, Single, 11, Scholar, Norfolk Castle Acre George Churchman, Son, 9, Scholar, Norfolk Castle Acre John Churchman, Son, 7, Scholar, Norfolk Castle Acre Annie Churchman, Daughter, 5, Scholar, Norfolk Castle Acre Gertrude Churchman, Daughter, 1, Norfolk Castle Acre Alice Churchman, Daughter, 3, Norfolk Castle Acre Living in Castle Acre NB: I'm taking the transcriber's word for it that the youngest child is Gertrude as the writing on the form is pretty near illegible. Andy

Nigel

Nigel Report 2 Sep 2003 18:07

Thanks Andrew, that's them and yes the Gertrude is correct.

Nigel

Nigel Report 2 Sep 2003 18:59

Andrew, can you please do me a favor and look up another entry for me? This is Edward and Mary Ann Holloway living in Strood, Kent. Edward was born around 1859. Thanks.

Andy

Andy Report 2 Sep 2003 19:13

This appears to be them: Edward Holloway, Head, Married, 30, Cement Labourer, born Kent Strood Mary Holloway, Wife, Married, 28, Kent Old Brompton John Holloway, Son, 7, Scholar, Kent Strood Edward Holloway, Son, 5, Scholar, Kent Strood Living at North Street, Strood

Nigel

Nigel Report 2 Sep 2003 19:20

Thanks again Andrew. That looks like them.