Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lost grandparents help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Johnathan

Johnathan Report 1 Sep 2003 21:25

I'm very very new at this, im trying to find the birth parents of my father who was adopted. He has a unusual surname and i have all other details what do I do. help please

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 21:26

Try putting the names on here,,

Johnathan

Johnathan Report 1 Sep 2003 21:44

Thanks clare names are Jean & John Forsyth-Simpson lived in redhill surrey can anyone help please

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Sep 2003 22:10

Johnathan. Any idea of year your father was adopted. Might help to narrow it down a bit. Sarah.

Susan

Susan Report 1 Sep 2003 22:49

Presumably they would be old enough to be in the 1901 census? At least your Grandpa, if you do not know grandmother's maiden name. Try free BMD 0r 18370nline web-sites for their marriage? Have you tried to register the name of interest on the Surrey surnames web-site (via genuk (.) org)see liks on the left

Johnathan

Johnathan Report 1 Sep 2003 22:59

your all brilliant and have given me some clues as to where to start looking... my father was born in 1936 and adopted a few days after birth.