Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2003 21:00

hi, I wonder if someone could offer me some advice. I have come to a bit of a stand still with my great grandmother! Her name is Rose Kavanagh, she was born in 1909 in Ireland, unfortunatley I do not know where abouts in Ireland. I have sent off for her marriage certificate, as she moved to UK, her father was William Kavanagh but that is all i know about her. Without knowing where abouts she was born in Ireland I dont know where to go from here. Other family members are not much help!! Hope some one can offer some help. Thanks Jo

Susan

Susan Report 1 Sep 2003 22:31

Jo, I'm not an expert on Ireland, but have you tried the familysearch web-site? Some of the data on this does apply to both north and south of the border

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 2 Sep 2003 11:14

Hello Joanne Just tried the 1901 Site and put in Rose Kavanagh and Ireland and found Domestic servant living in Barrow age 22. Also there are nine William,s from Ireland Have you tried this ? If not ok, let me know and I will try some more sites Joan

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2003 12:08

Thank you both very much for replying Rose was born in 1909 so wouldnt be on the census. Some family members think she came over to UK when she was 16, so possibly 1925. As she was born in Ireland I think her father would have been in Ireland at the time of the 1901 census. I have tried family search but to no avail. I dont know where to look now!