Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where buried?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bridget

Bridget Report 1 Sep 2003 19:14

I know my gt grandad died in Rotherham in 1914, how can I find out where he is buried? Many thanks Bridgette

George

George Report 1 Sep 2003 19:38

You can check memorial inscriptions for Rotherham or ask your local records office if they hold the burial registers for your local cemetary for 1914. Most cemetaries hand over old registers to record offices or reference libraries. George

Jackie

Jackie Report 1 Sep 2003 21:30

hi bridgette, i asked my local council who gave me someone to e-mail my details to.regards jackie

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Sep 2003 22:46

I got my info from my local County Borough Council Cemetery Section. I am lucky though because my daughter works for the council and she sorted it out for me. If I had done it myself it would have cost me, but the council also do searches but that is very expensive. I should think most councils have the same service. Good Luck