Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK BMD -New revised Site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vera

Vera Report 1 Sep 2003 16:27

Found this from webmaster of UK BMD, Ian Hartas: "Dear all, A new version of the UK BMD web site went on the air tonight. It is a complete re-write and offers links to over 150 web sites that offer on-line information for UK births, marriages and deaths. http://www.UKBMD.org.uk More sites will be added as and when I find out about them. Let me know of any missing ones. The new site is navigated by a menu on its left side. For example, if all you want is the links to the local BMD sites, such as Cheshire BMD, then simply press the 'Local BMD' button. Note that the Isle-of-Wight are the latest to offer BMD indexes on-line. (Under Hampshire, if you're searching by county) If you want information specific to a county (or country), select one from the drop-down list and then press the 'County' button. Other buttons should be self-explanatory. I only subscribe to CHS, YKS and GENBRIT, so please cross post this note to as many genealogy lists as you can, as most counties have entries on the new site. Hope you find it useful ! regards, Ian Hartas" Vera Manchester

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Sep 2003 16:55

had a look myself yesterday ended up on for about 2 hours just merryly surfing, didnt find any particular person but had a great time sandra

Susan

Susan Report 1 Sep 2003 17:33

Thanks Vera-bang goes the chance of finishing the ironing tonight!

Helen

Helen Report 1 Sep 2003 17:38

Cheers Vera Don't know why GC has 'ask the expert', we just need to ask Vera!!!!

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Sep 2003 17:38

Not to be confused with ukbdm(.)co(.)uk

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 1 Sep 2003 22:22

Hi Vera Just tried the site It is going to turn into something big I enjoyed going through it ,and recomend it Joan