Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 1 Sep 2003 16:13

can any one help, i have been searching on the free bmd for the birth records of my grandma name May Tarbutt, 31 October 1916 in Yorkshire ( i think) There are no results coming up, i wonder if it has not ben transcribed yet?

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Sep 2003 16:20

Freebmd only goes to 1901 with a smattering after that up to about 1907, and even up to 1901 only about half entries have been transcribed so far. 1916 would be too late to be on yet.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2003 16:55

Hi Joanna, Have you tried 1837? Its near the bottom of the links page, and has all certificates from 1837 to 1984, although you do have to pay a fiver or so to get 50 odd goes. Good luck, Liz STS

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2003 16:56

hang on, I'll have a look for you... Liz

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2003 17:06

I have looked every quarter from Jan 1816 to Dec 1817 and the only female Tarbutt is in Oct-Dec 1816 which would be right by your dates, name Gwendoline M Tarbutt, mother's maiden name Stocker, registered Camberwell vol 1d p1422. She could have used her middle name, the initial is right, but I am sure Camberwell is London. Could they have moved after her birth? Regards, Liz STS

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Sep 2003 17:25

Joanna. Do you have any idea where in Yorkshire. Sarah.

Keith

Keith Report 1 Sep 2003 21:53

Joanna. There is a Gwendoline M Tarbutt in Camberwell on the 1837online for the 4th Qtr 19l6. Mothers name is Stocker. Regn details are 1d 1422. Hope this is useful. Maybe granny didn't like the Gwendoline bit Hello Liz. I know you really meant 1916 but am just confirming this to avoid any doubt

Sue

Sue Report 1 Sep 2003 22:25

Camberwell was in surrey even in1916 it is southwark bmd now but has moved across the road as the old one had many steps to the door as in my Mothers wedding photo to be invalid friendly it was cheeper to go across the road yes it is london se15 comes under peckam i think its peckham road.Sue Clark.

Sue

Sue Report 1 Sep 2003 22:26

Oh Joanna, My birthday is 31 10 1958 SPOOKEY