Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 10:17

I am trying to find two john taylor's around the manchester area one would be about 40 in 1891 and the other would be around 60 his father around who was married to mary ann taylor. I know this is not an easy search but i thought i would try anyway -you never know! Roseanne

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2003 10:25

Do you know the place of birth of either of them as there are so many possible matches?

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 10:28

The youngest john was born in ardwick and i think the eldest my ggg grandfather was born around the bolton area - although i have nothing confirmed. Thank you Roseanne

Angela

Angela Report 1 Sep 2003 10:55

Could this be the younger one? - 14 Holt St, Newton, Lancs John Taylor, Head, 39, Brickmaker, b Ardwick Charlotte Taylor, Wife, 35, b Newton Heath George Eastwood, Stepson, 9, b Gorton Francis Taylor, Daughter, 4, b Longsight Charlotte Taylor, Daughter, 3, b Longsight John Taylor, Son, 1, b Longsight

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 13:29

Thank you Angela It does look very possible i will try and find out more information.I do not think john was married on the 1881 census so if he married around 1891/2 it looks very promising. Thank you Also, my daughter is called charlotte - i hope it is them. Roseanne

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 19:31

Hi Angela It is the right john taylor in 1881 he was a brickmaker thank you. Did you notice many Taylor's born in ardwick in the 1850's? Roseanne