Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 00:52

Can somebody please look up edwin taylor in the manchester area he would be about 35 in 1891 he was married to annie and had a son called frederick in 1881 Thank you Roseanne

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 07:32

Hi Roseann I found an Edwin TAYLOR AGE 41,,wife Annie age 33, kids Tom age 10 Edwin age 8 John age 6 Harry age 4 and Ernest. J age 2...no mention of a Fred though. Claire

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 09:18

Thank you Claire Maybe Frederick was born later in 1891 it does look like the same family. Regards Roseanne

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 09:24

Claire Does it have an address for Edwin please Roseanne

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 10:02

Sorry Roseane I forgot to add that part..duh.!!! It looks like 29 Lyndal Street, Ardwick Manchester. Let me know if you need anymore help Claire

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 10:03

Hi Claire me again Frederick was 3 months old in 1881 so he would have been born cany you find any frederick's that age in manchester or are there too many. Regards Roseanne

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 10:20

Thank you claire for the address edwin was born in ardwick so it does look as though he could be the right one maybe frederick was out visiting. Thanks again Roseanne

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 1 Sep 2003 10:25

Hi Claire me again Just noticed your surname you will realise how hard it is with taylor that is my maiden name. All my Taylor clan are Thomas, John's and mary's although i have edwin's and owen's which does make it a little easier - but not alot. Roseanne

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 10:31

Me again Roseann, I just did a quick check of the Edwin Taylors in Lancs and there are 943 of them Iv just got to pop out to the post office but I will give it another go when I get back and weed out all those age 10/11 in manchester,

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 10:32

Sorry,,,i meant fred taylor..duh,,,been awake too long i think..