Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Person ID's when using 1901 Census Decoder

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 31 Aug 2003 17:42

Hi there, can anybody help me with the following please? I have found a branch of my family (cousin of my great grandfather), together using the 1901 census decoder. There are 6 in the family, mum, dad and 4 children. The father appears with the page ID of 73564526 and the rest of the family have 73564525. The person ID,s are consecutive, 36282764,.....66,.....67....68.....69...and 70, with only 65 not appearing. I take this to mean that although this person was living with them, they weren't the same surname (Gallagher). Is there anyway, without paying (this has already bankrupt me this month, along with 1837online!!) that I can find out who this person is? For example, is there any way of searching ID's. Hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance. Carol

mab

mab Report 31 Aug 2003 18:56

Carol, I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to search on IDs. I believe the IDs are different every session anyway, though open to correction on this

Sarah

Sarah Report 31 Aug 2003 19:14

Yes Marian you are right about the ID's changing. Found that out the other day. Wasn't very amusing at the time. But laughing at myself now. Sarah.

Rachel

Rachel Report 31 Aug 2003 20:31

I've had this problem as well, with a consecutive number missing and so I paid my fiver to have a look and there wasn't anyone missing! For some reason the person id just skipped a number! Needless to say I wasn't happy bout my fiver being spent in vain. Ah well, you live n learn tho I have to say I think the decoder is excellent for finding groups of families, a little glitch like missing the odd number can be forgiven Rachel

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 31 Aug 2003 20:32

Thank you Rachel and co. This is probably the case. Best wishes Carol

BrianW

BrianW Report 31 Aug 2003 21:34

I too have had an ID number missing in the middle of a series for an address.