Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 31 Aug 2003 17:25

Yes its me again!!! I am totally new to all of this, my mum is useless as far as remembering anything is concerned!! Bless her but I really want to at least make a start on my ancestors. I havent a clue where to start I only have half names and dates, I have tried looking on the census but you have to pay for them all, or is there any that are free to search. My family is really small and not really interested where they come from, but for my children i would like to know. I have hit a brick wall before i have even started!! Is there any hop for me!!!! Any help out there for this lost sheep. Joanna

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 31 Aug 2003 17:48

Hello Joanna I have sent you an email. Shirley

Melba64

Melba64 Report 31 Aug 2003 17:57

I was told to start with myself ie birth certificate. That will give your mother's maiden name, area to start looking for info and you can work back from there. 1881 Census is available on the Latter Day Saints website www.familysearch.org. Melanie