Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookups

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Aug 2003 13:20

Can anyone out there help me with the following names and places please. Thomas John White, Croydon/London area Samuel Sayer, Kent area Edward Stevenson/Stephenson,Edith Stevenson/Stephenson,Rachel Stevenson/Stephenson all in Norfolk area. Joseph Stebbings, Benjamin Stebbings also Norfolk area. Thankyou. Yvette

Andy

Andy Report 31 Aug 2003 14:46

Think I may have found your Stevensons: Edward STEVENSON, Head, Married, 58, Agricultural Labourer, Norfolk East Dereham Rachel STEVENSON, Wife, Married, 52, Norfolk Mattishall Walter STEVENSON, Son, Single, 17, Agricultural Labourer, Norfolk Yaxham Florence STEVENSON, Daughter, Single, 15, Norfolk Yaxham Marshal STEVENSON, Son, Single, 12, Norfolk Yaxham Edith STEVENSON, Daughter, 10, Norfolk Yaxham Louisa STEVENSON, Daughter, 8, Norfolk Yaxham Living at Hall Cottage, Mautby

Chris

Chris Report 31 Aug 2003 14:54

Yvette I have a Martha Stebbings in my tree born in Norfolk about 1840 Chris

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Aug 2003 15:19

Andrew Thankyou for your help, i have a copy of the 1881 census results and it ties in nicely with the result you found. Edward and Rachel had 13 children in all, four of them left home before the 1891 census, and your reply confirms the suspected names of a few more of them. Now i can start hunting for them in the 1901 census. Edith was my g/grandmother. Yvette

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Aug 2003 15:21

Chris At present i have no Martha Stebbings in my tree that i know of, if i find anything i will post it back here ok. Yvette

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Sep 2003 10:02

Christine Can you give me any details for your Martha, i have had no luck yet finding any of my tree as far back as 1840, but i am working on it and it would help to have some details just in case something pops up. Thanks Yvette

Chris

Chris Report 1 Sep 2003 13:01

Hi Yvette I didn't think I would be able to help you yetbut I jumped on the name Stebbings because uptil now I had the only one on this site.Martha was born about 1840 but could have been earlier.and she was born in Briston,Norfolk.Her father was called John he was a agricultural labourer and her Mother Mary.I got that from 1841 census as I can't find her Birth certificate yet.Her siblings were called Elizabeth,James,Mary and John.Martha was married to William Percifer,also from Norfolk before she married my g,g,grandfather Henry Marshall. Chris