Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London 1861/1871

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 31 Aug 2003 11:43

Hi, Does anyone have access to the 1861 & 1871 censuses for London, particularly Lambeth, Islington and Holloway areas please? I have reached a real dead end and cannot get to London myself. Thanks, Liz STS

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 31 Aug 2003 19:38

Please?

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Aug 2003 20:25

Hi Elizabeth Sorry you have had no replies, but not surprised. I have also asked for an Islington 1861/1871 look-up in the past with no luck, and I have also seen others for the London area. A kind person on this site did offer look-ups for Middlesex recently, and as all my Islington Certs state County of Middlesex, I thought it was my lucky day, only to find out that Islington wasn't included on the CD. Hope you find what you're looking for. Sandra (Lancs)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 31 Aug 2003 20:27

Hi, Yes, I responded to the Middlesex offer too, and the chap was very helpful but unfortunately Middlesex didn't cover the areas of London I needed. Oh well, I shall keep hoping... Regards, Liz STS

Rosi

Rosi Report 31 Aug 2003 20:46

Hi luvly still sparkly niece, Just noticed that we were next to each other on the list of messages- and thought I'd give you a nudge up! I think the prob. is there a) aren't that many people with access to the older censuses that we crave. and b) I don't think the relevant Midddlesex/London City 1851/61/71 censuses have been indexed yet - and are not really searchable. I would be SO pleased if I was wrong. Luv, Rosi

Rosi

Rosi Report 31 Aug 2003 20:52

Amanda, please- very nicely please - would you try to locate Sainthill John Lindsey, born 1846/7. And any Crispin Reynolds's - they are like London busses until you need one- and a possible William Mosson Kearns/ maybe John Mosson Kearns - same family but maybe children of brothers. My fingers are so crosssssssed! and thankyou - whatever the outcome! Rosi

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Aug 2003 21:20

Hi Amanda. Being a northern lass, I don't know the areas that well, but going off the 1881 census I need East Islington. Thanks anyway for the kind offer. Sandra (Lancs)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2003 01:49

Hi Amanda, Thanks for your kind offer of help. The people I am looking for are George Newman b1830 Potterne Wilts, (widowed by 1881 so no idea yet of wife), son George b1859 Lambeth or kennington, London, daughter Ann b1861 Holloway. Fingers crossed! Hi sparkly multicoloured Auntie Rosi, Good luck with the Lindseys Kearns' and Reynolds', still hoping to meet you soon, Liz STS

Janet

Janet Report 1 Sep 2003 06:43

Hi Liz, Hi Rosi, Just thought I would get in on the act here and give my fab daughter and her sparkly aunt a hello and hope you both have success in your searches. Love Mum, Janet xx

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2003 08:42

Hi Mum, What are you doing up at this time? I am printing off Ringers, thanks! Love Liz xxxxxxxx

Janet

Janet Report 1 Sep 2003 18:03

Hi Liz, Been up since before 6 keeping those dogs quiet. John has now taken his 3 away. Glad to hear your getting the Ringers on and the Rolfe's and the Banham's. Keep going. I know this has nothing to do with your request but at least its got you to the top of the board again. Lots of love Mum xxxxxx

Rosi

Rosi Report 1 Sep 2003 18:16

Amanda I have emailed you - hope you don't mind - and I do hope you can tell me more. Thankyou so much. Rosi