Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kent Census pre 1881. Anyone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 31 Aug 2003 11:12

Does anyone have access to any census for Kent prior to 1881? I've ordered all of them myself on CD from S&N but who knows how long I will have to wait. Would appreciate a look up if anyone has them and the time. Regards Gary

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Aug 2003 11:17

Hi Gary, Sorry, don't know anything about the Census. But just wanted to let you know that I ordered some software from them and it arrived within a few days. Regards Margaret

Penelope

Penelope Report 31 Aug 2003 11:39

Hi Gary I've been trying to find these censuses myself. Who are S&N and how do I get them please? Penny

Gary

Gary Report 31 Aug 2003 12:02

Penny S&N are placing all the census's from 1841 to 1891 (excluding 1881) on CD's. They can be contacted as follows: Tel: 01722 716121 Fax: 01722 716160 www.BritishDataArchive.com A number of county CD's are available already. You can pre-purchase a county set, for example I have ordered the Kent CD's (1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891) for £150 or £34.95 each. They send them out when they are completed and I have received and been invoiced for 1891. You can check their web site as to where they are in completing CD's and which ones are available. The CD's do not come with an index, so you use them as you do the microfiche. They are preparing indexes which when you buy the CD's you can buy at a preferential rate. They also do other items such as genealogical software programs, parish records etc. Hope this is useful and no I do not work for them, even if the above sounds like an advert! Gary

Penelope

Penelope Report 31 Aug 2003 12:27

Thanks you so much Gary! I've been trying to find where to but them for ages! Penny