Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 30 Aug 2003 18:08

Can some kind soul do me a quick look up: JOSEPH MORTON b1827 Rotherham WALTER MORTON b1864 Rotherham Want the street name as well if possible! Thanks very much!

JessyG

JessyG Report 31 Aug 2003 20:34

Nobody can help me? Wow Thanks anyway Bye

JessyG

JessyG Report 1 Sep 2003 07:30

Thanks Rosemary! The only other person is George Morton b1858 Rotherham and his wife Sophia Morton b1857 Doncaster. They had a number of children including bertha, John. Jess

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 1 Sep 2003 07:48

Hi Jess I found George Morton age 33 living with his in-laws at 122 Westgate Rotherham. With him are Sophiah,age 34 Bertha age 10 William age 8 George H age 6 John G age 3 and Randolph age 1 Also living there are George Gutteridge age 60 (father in law) his wife Elizabeth age 59 . Charlotte age 28 and Rose age 17 Forgot to say that George is a builder Hope this helps Clare

JessyG

JessyG Report 2 Sep 2003 08:48

Thanks for your help! That confirms that family then but i'm still missing my Walter morton :( He must've moved or died between 1881 & 1891 same as his father. Thanks!

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 2 Sep 2003 11:19

HI Jess I found a Walter Morton Rotherham age 27 a Postman on the 1901 Census Is this him Joan

JessyG

JessyG Report 2 Sep 2003 17:05

Thanks joan I found that but my walter would actually have been 37 :( Thanks again!