Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotland 1901 Census look up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 27 Aug 2003 16:14

I'm looking for my gt Grandfather, William Thomas Evry (sometimes mis-spelling Every)He born 1873 in Somerset. He's Signalman for London Midland and Scottish Railway. He's unmarried around the 1901 Census time. cant find him on England 1901 Census. Possible he's in Scotland at that time. Can anyone help?

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Aug 2003 17:34

Hi Eleanor, You will need to look on scotlandspeople(.)gov(.)uk. It's a pay to view site but well worth the money if you do have Scottish rellies. As far as I know it's not available anywhere else for free. Regards Margaret

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 2 Sep 2003 13:21

Thanks for info, but i have no rellies in Scotland, just my Gt Grandfather who might be a visitor. so the site is not worth to pay for if i just look for one person. Is there anywhere in London or nearest that i can look up Scotland 1901 Census?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 2 Sep 2003 13:35

the site scotlandspeople is excellent and it is only £6 for 30 credits well worth the money

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2003 13:48

Hi Eleanor, I agree with Elizabeth, it would be £6 well spent. With unusual name like that it will be easy to find him if he was there. That should cost you six credits if he is there. If you didn't have anyone else to look for I'm sure they wouldn't go to waste if you offered them on this board when you were finished They are only useable for 48 hours). Quite a few members have offer similar things before. Regards Margaret