Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my Adopted Brother Please Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 22 Aug 2003 23:56

I seem to be going round in circles with no luck .My Brothers name was John McGibbon before adoption put up for adoption in the Camden Area of London in 1945--1947 can anyone please HELP!!!!

Scooby's

Scooby's Report 23 Aug 2003 08:38

Hi Sorry I can't really help but I know how frustrating it is. My friend and I are trying to find her adopted son and coming up against brick walls, obviously your brothers name will probably have been changed don't you know anything ie adoption agency, try using web sites for adpotion-192 might be useful to put his name on, will get back to you if anything else comes to mind Good luck

Helen

Helen Report 23 Aug 2003 22:57

Many thanks Janet dont think me stupid but how do I get onto web 192????????? once again would be very gratefull thanks for your help Helen.

Helen

Helen Report 25 Aug 2003 23:34

Hi Amanda many thanks for your info will give it a go let you know the outcome Helen

Marion

Marion Report 26 Aug 2003 08:12

Have you tried ringing Traceline 01514712811? Not sure if they can help but they discuss the matter with you on the phone. Marion

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 27 Aug 2003 13:57

There are several web sites,,,I just typed in 'adoption' and got quite a few, In fact I found the son I gave up for adoption over 30 years ago, Sadly,,it wasnt a very good ending,,he seemed to think we are wealthier than we actually are and Im afraid I was taken in by it all.

Helen

Helen Report 28 Aug 2003 01:29

Thank you Clair sorry things didn't work out for you I must say that is my only worrie too my brother will be 57 next month,its sometimes a sad way for things to end a long search hope you are feeling much better now thanks for taking the time to answer my message regards Helen.

Delphine

Delphine Report 28 Aug 2003 23:22

Do you know if your brother was adopted privately or through a Adoption Society.If Private you need to get as much info who arranged it etc. If through a Society contact them and ask them to get in contact with him and they can at least pass on a message that you are trying to make contact but the problem could be that the address they had all those years ago he prob doesn't live there now. Keep at it you will get there in the end. Good luck Maggie

Helen

Helen Report 29 Aug 2003 00:01

Hi Maggie thanks for you help I dont know how he was Adopted,I have had so many RED HERRINGS and duck and dive answers from my Mother like he was born in hospital but wasn't put up for Adoption in the Eusten end of London,but cant seem to have orphanages in said area she keeps saying she cant remember its my age,thats something you never forget sorry to down loading my problems on you, some time its better to talk once again Maggie thanks for your info. Regards

Theresa

Theresa Report 4 Sep 2003 14:29

Helen have you tried writing to Camden Social Services they may have the records