Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 Census Norfolk please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 16 Aug 2003 21:09

Can anyone help please? I am trying to find the county in Ireland where Charles Collings was born. He would be age 40 on 1841 Census at Guiltcross, Kenninghall. His wife Ann 37 b. Burston, and children Charles, William, Thomas, James. Thanks.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 18 Aug 2003 14:07

Hi, The 41 census does not give place of birth,only yes/y if born in county you are viewing or no/n if born out of county or in your case an I in the last colum. 41census,Hedge Green,Kenninghall, HO107/775/7 Charles Collings,40,ag lab, I Ann "" 35, y William "" 14, y Charles "" 13, y John "" 8, y Thomas "" 4, y James "" 2, y. Sorry cant help more with place of birth. Best wishes, Liz.

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 18 Aug 2003 22:28

Hi I have looked on the 1851 census for you. No luck on the birth county - sorry! The CD just says birthplace ----IRE. I spose that could mean the original was unreadable. Perhaps if you could get a look at a scan of the original you may be able to decipher it. Regards Sally, Coventry

Gail

Gail Report 19 Aug 2003 08:05

Hi Elizabeth, Would you be so kind as to look up Edward Artist Ellis. Born Lakenham Norfolk Thankyou Jim

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Aug 2003 11:02

Jim, approx age of Edward and if poss names of any other family members. As Ive said befor 41 census is not indexed so some places have 100+ pages to trawl through!Happy to help any one if I can BUT might take a week or two to get back to people. Best wishes, Liz.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 20 Aug 2003 18:33

Hi Elizabeth,, If,,and when you have time,..would you have a look for Jonathon Taylor, he would have been about 15,,,,His father was Thomas, a weaver and his mother was Ann, In 1826 he was living in the St Margaret area of Norwich, Many thank for your time,im very grateful Claire

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 20 Aug 2003 18:57

Elizabeth, thank you for very kind offer. May I add another request (no hurry, when you have time): Charles Sheppard 29, probably a tailor and possibly at 115 High Street, Kings Lynn. Many, many thanks.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 23 Aug 2003 11:59

Jim, cant find your Edward Ellisin Lakenham 41 census, have you more details please? Claire and Vanessa, still working on yours. Liz.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 31 Aug 2003 09:27

Claire,have not been able to find your TAYLORS,have looked St Margaret and St Andrew Norwich,some of the pages almost impossible to read.Did find a few other Taylors,if you want the details email me direct. Vanessa,no SHEPPARDS living High st, Kings Lynn,but there are hundreds of pages for Kings Lynn and have not looked at all yet. Will let you both know if I find anything in the future. Best wishes, Liz.