Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Relations - 1891 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2003 11:08

I had thought that my great great grandmother showed up as being in New York on the 1880 census. I've now received her birth certificate and see that the parents do not match. I've checked the 1881 census on LDS again and can't find any of the family on that. I've found the marriage record of her parents who married in 1876 and then she was born in 1878. Then I have a black hole until she got married in 1896. Can someone kind please tell me if any of the following people show up on the 1891 census- - Mary Louisa Abraham, age 12, born in Portsmouth/Portsea - Thomas Abraham, precise age and POB unknown but would be aged between 30 and 50 and probably born in Hampshire - Louisa Abraham, precise age and POB unknown but would be aged between 30 and 50 and probably born in Hampshire

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2003 12:26

Hi Angela 64 Charlotte St., Portsea Thomas Aged 48 Bar Retailer Louisa 36 Mary L 12 Scholar May 9 Beatrice 5 Ernest 4 John Carter Lodger Hope this helps Hazel

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2003 12:40

Hazel, Thanks so much for this. This is the right family as they are living at the same address as in 1878. It's still a puzzle were they were in 1881 though??

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2003 12:44

Hazel, one more thing. Does it give the places of birth for Thomas, Louisa, May, Beatrice and Ernest?

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2003 14:25

Sorry, Angela, forgot to mention. Yes, they were all born in Portsmouth.

Angela

Angela Report 27 Jul 2003 14:45

Thanks again Hazel!