Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrea Richards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 16 Jan 2003 14:53

HELP FOR LOADS OF YOU - READ ON!!!! Lots of people seem to be having problems here and I did at first too but patience has paid off. It is not the easiest system to use but I will try and help you here. Go to the name you want to follow from first. I.E If I want to add my brother in law:- A)I go to my "husband" B)click on my husband's name, C)click on his mother's name D)Click on "add child" It doesn't show up on my tree - I have to go through my husband's name and follow same path to see these people. It's a bit confusing but thats how it works to enter all family members. If you don't know parents but have children's details - enter "unknown" in all boxes that are mandatory and "0000" for year of birth and tick in box below that. Just change it as and when you get the correct details. Hope this helps all of you!! Andrea Richards