Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holdens Annual Directory 1811.(look Up Offer)

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 14:10

Willing to do look ups for the above directory. The disc contains thousands of residents and proffesionals with addresses. Covers London and selected towns in England. Scotland, Wales and Ireland. london private residents listed by surname and address. the selected towns lists trades and proffesions only but is quite extensive just give as much info as possible including surname and town Thankyou. Sharmala.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 14:52

That sounds interesting, Sharm. Does it include Lichfield (Staffordshire) by any chance?

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 15:04

hi Yes it does just checked.

Meryl

Meryl Report 6 Aug 2007 15:07

Hi Sharm does it list Tipperary?

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 15:13

hi sorry no it doesnt.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 15:21

Could you see if you can find anyone with the surname Mallet or Mallett in Lichfield? I'm particularly interested in John, Jonathan and Thomas, but any Mallet(t)s there are likely to be related to me. Thomas should be a grocer or chandler, not sure about the other two. They may be listed as farmer or gentleman. If you have time, I'm also interested in Thomas Sparkes (farmer) and family at Hurst Farm, Whittington, near Lichfield. Thanks very much!

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 15:37

hi mary Sorry but none of the names you asked for are listed, but interestingly there is a John Sherratt listed as the towns tallow chandler and grocer. sorry Sharmala.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 15:42

Never mind, Sharm, thanks very much for looking.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 15:50

Just had a thought - could you check out 24 Bryanston Street, near Portland Square, London? It should be a private residential address, and I'm interested in whoever may be living there, particularly if they're called Kennedy, Gibbon or Mallet(t).

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 16:08

Hello Mary You are in luck this time i hope! (did you mean portman square?) I found a Mrs Mallett at number 36, Bryanstone Street. and also a Mrs Kennedy at Upper Brook, Street, Portman Square. And a Robert Kennedy esq at Lower Brook St. nothing for gibbons.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 16:15

Ah, that's very interesting, thanks. Yes, I did mean Portman Square, sorry. Was there anyone else listed at those three addresses? I would have expected Mrs Mary Mallet's daughter Ann to be there, because she died at Bryanston Streeet in 1815. Can you tell me who was at no. 24? I know Robert Kennedy was there in 1851, and I thought his family owned it.

Joy

Joy Report 6 Aug 2007 16:18

Could you kindly look at this address to see if there is anyone with the surname FRANCE there, please? 24 Denmark Street, St Giles in the Fields London Also, if there is anyone else of that surname in the same road, and anyone with the surname BROOKS or PUCKERIDGE in that road. Many thanks.

**Janey

**Janey Report 6 Aug 2007 16:27

Hi Sharm Pls could you look up 59 Cumberland Street, london Thanks for your time J

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 16:28

hello mary Thats all the names it gives, maybe she was living with her mother though given that she died a short time later.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 6 Aug 2007 16:31

Never mind, thanks very much, Sharm, that's really useful.

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 16:42

Hi maid marion Sorry but nothing comes up with those names on that street. Sharmala.

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 6 Aug 2007 16:46

Cinderella Im sorry but i cant do just address look ups, i tried but nothing came up for number 59 cumberland street, if you have name it may help. Sharmala.

**Janey

**Janey Report 6 Aug 2007 16:49

Hi Sadly I have no name all I know is, the person who owned it was possibly the father of my Grand Father. No names known at all. Need to take a trip in to London I think. Thank you so much for looking though, it has been interesting reading your thread. Thanks again janey

Joy

Joy Report 6 Aug 2007 16:53

Thank you for looking. May I try Crown Street as well, please? I have just been checking, and they were there at one time. They were carvers, gilders, frame makers, and undertakers (at varying times). And Robert was a carpenter, too. From Dictionary of English furniture makers: 'France, Robert, Soho, London, carver, gilder and frame maker (1808-35). Recorded at 9 Crown Street in 1808 and Denmark St 1820-35, no. 16 in 1835

Jane

Jane Report 6 Aug 2007 17:17

Hi Sharm, I was wondering if there are any Chequer names in Chatteris or Wisbech in Cambridgeshire (if that area is covered)? Many thanks in advance! Jane