General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 0 + 1 of 3971

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 22:22

I also agree mixing with too many households is very dodgy. I won't be seeing baby boy but we will have a good natter on the phone if he is not too exhausted. He will be working very hard for the next 4 weeks and doing very long hours getting everyones dinners sorted.
Nite nite YG sleep well,see you tomorrow :-D <3

YG

YG Report 26 Nov 2020 22:16

I won't shoot you down in flames, ZZzzz. I agree with you, as allowing 3 households to mix could result in 20- people being together. There are also the conspiracy theorists that won;t be taking any notice of the restrictions. Even on our local notice board, some are planning to ignore the regulations.

LG, I don't blame you for going to see the family. If they are testes and safe you shouldn't have any problems and its not going to be a large number anyway. I'm seeing my family, but we are all in our own bubble and there will only be five of us. Two of us work and are both at home working and no-one is mixing with others.

I am off to bed now. Friday tomorrow yet again :-) :-) Sleep well girls!! :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 22:04

I will hopefully be seeing my family as both of the adults are checked daily because of their jobs it is a risk we are willing to take

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Nov 2020 21:57

I think we will too YG and for what it’s worth we shouldn’t have the 5 days of Christmas off and I know I will be shot down in flames for saying this but Christmas without seeing family and friends is better than catching the Coronavirus.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 21:57

I can see the possibility of that happening but hopefully the vaccine will be ready and up and running

YG

YG Report 26 Nov 2020 21:50

I don't think it will be much better at the beginning of the new year if rates increase again because of everyone getting together. We could head straight into another lockdown!!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 21:27

Oh YG, that sounds very hard on you. I will be glad to see the back of this year it has been so stressful

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Nov 2020 21:25

Life is so complicated these days, I’m sure the company I used to work for would find a way of reducing our wages but still expect us to be cheerful, I’m sure I wouldn’t be, they were definitely not a caring company and only paid you if you were there, if you had any sort of appointment you had to let the office know when you left and when you got back and still wanted to know why you took so long.

YG

YG Report 26 Nov 2020 21:24

It seems to be pouring permanently at the moment, LG :-| :-|

I'm really hacked off with work at the moment and had a meltdown today. I can't keep up with the level of work coming in and its going to get worse before we finish for the unmentionable season, as the practitioners have a specific online task to do that is causing us a lot of grief and it is supposed to be completed by the end of December. I think I will just collapse on the sofa when we finish, crawl into bed and stay there util the New Year.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 20:46

Oh blimey YG it never rains but it pours :-(.What else can life chuck our way

YG

YG Report 26 Nov 2020 20:35

I'm not in the mood for swearing, LG, just really p'd off and had a stinker of a day. On top of that, the whole company apart from a handful of practitioners for emergency calls and IT, are being furloughed for two weeks from 21st Dec to 3rd Jan, including the CEO and executive team and its going through payroll in December so I am going to be20% down in December's pay :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 20:14

Evening YG, I have had a good swear though not to them. It has made me feel better ;-) :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 26 Nov 2020 20:04

Evening everyone :-)

Maz, I'm keeping you company in Tier 3. To be honest, it doesn't bother me, as I don't go out drinking and only rarely go for a meal or visit venues etc, so not a lot different once the shops open, I'm still not going into town and will shop online for gifts, just using Sains and the local shops for food.

LG, I would be hopping mad as well with the phone company :-| :-| People don't seem to be committed to doing their jobs properly nowadays

I tried to phone the eye clinic today, as advised by my consultant, but couldn't get any response, so left a message. Now I'm waiting to hear back when they can see me. If I don't hear by the beginning of next week, I'm going to see if i can find the number for the consultant's secretary/ I could lose my eye sight before they get in touch if its anything like last time.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 18:50

I wouldn't mind but it hasn't worked since 18th October :-|

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 26 Nov 2020 18:46

I would be fuming LG you will have to fly over and disconnect them

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 17:58

I was chilled out until I had a good go out our phone supplier as they told us they were fixing it on Saturday. I thought I would check it was still ok and could find no appointment booked. I am not a happy bunny in fact I am fuming and gave it to them in the neck. I am now waiting for them to look into it and sort it :-|

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 26 Nov 2020 17:50

Well I am shattered I have done nothing this afternoon other than read and catch up with other admin
I am in my PJs now though as I am back at work for 5 days but the weekend is always quieter .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Nov 2020 16:26

Evening Maz, we have gone into tier 2. I have spent the morning doing unmentionables and this afternoon crafting so it has been a graft and craft day :-D :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 26 Nov 2020 15:36

afternoon all
I have been lazy and good I posted the parcels this morning so that was an expense I do not buy expensive gifts any more I cant afford them
I am doing some course work and looking at what I will need for c food wise I booked a delivery for next Tuesday evening to get stocked up mainly the basics .
we are now tier three from next Wednesday not a lot different but I will be able to get my hair cut .

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Nov 2020 10:10

We have the same weather here, winter draws on, I’m just clocking in, stay safe everyone. :-)