General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 3 + 1 of 2705

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 17 Jan 2018 17:10

:-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2018 17:03

Yep, better had!

David

David Report 17 Jan 2018 17:01

Didn't know you could see me Ann, I'd better put something on ;-) :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2018 16:56

David you look very smart and smell sweet!! :-D

David

David Report 17 Jan 2018 16:55

Had my hair cut yesterday. Just had a bath.

Did you know Gertrude id the Patron Saint of cats and cat owners ?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2018 13:33

Not sure as we have 4 different sizes for 4 different wavelengths so not sure which ones we will use yet. That is another job for him to do up the ladder as we took the XY one down when we had a storm before and it never went back up :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2018 13:17

You’re right, Ann. We did buy enough to warrant a trolley. It was primarily fruit & veg and diary products. Mind you, it was about half the cost of a ‘normal’ weekly shop.
We bumped into an ex colleague & had a good chat. That is, until OH was making noises that his ears were getting frozen off ;-)

LG, will you have to put up a tall aerial or is that for a different wavelength?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2018 12:35

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D David .
Just back from the Belfry and a quick look in before getting of my butt and sorting lunch.
DET Loads of folk still on the radio far and wide all over the world. We have both occasionally looked in but not for ages now. We have both held licenses since the beginning of the 80's and that is why we liked the visit to Bletchley park and the great chats we had in the Radio Society exhibit.
I hope the cough clears soon Ann they can be so exhausting :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2018 10:46

Det I bet you will soon find things you 'need' when you get to the shop.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2018 09:27

Morning all.

They say laughter is the best medicine, David. A gentle smile is a good way to start the day :-)

YH - how mean for no one to help you shift furniture. It might have been OK for you to set up when you had a departmental colleague to help, but it’s different now there’s only you.

LG - glad you’ve managed to find a hobby for OH now he has time on his hands. Are there many enthusiasts nowadays?

OH is at work, then we’ll do our own shopping when he gets back in a couple of hours. To be honest, there’s virtually nothing we need to replace. It’s almost as if a basket would suffice rather than a small trolley.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jan 2018 09:25

:-D :-D :-D Thanks for the morning laugh David.

Good morning all. a bit grey here but I won't be out in it. Been coughing almost non stop from 5am until 8am so feel wacked. I do hope this goes soon fed up now. :-( :-(

David

David Report 17 Jan 2018 08:26

"Of course I won't laugh," said the Nurse to the patient, "I'm a
professional. In over twenty years I've never laughed at a patient."

"Okay then," said Bob, and he proceeded to drop his trousers, revealing
the smallest adult male organ the Nurse had ever seen in her life.. In
length and width it was almost identical to a AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the Nurse tried to stop a giggle, but it just
came out. And then she started laughing at the fact that she was laughing.

Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man's private part, she composed herself as well as she could. "I am so sorry," she said, "I don't know what came over me. On my honour as a Nurse and a lady, I promise that it won't happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the problem?"

"It's swollen," Bob replied.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 22:51

We both use it YG as we are both radio hams :-D :-D :-D. Sleep well and catch you tomorrow :-D <3

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 22:38

Well at least that is something to keep him out of mischief :-D :-D We have enough problems controlling you :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

Right, I'm off now.

Sleep well, LG :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 22:32

For a while YG but he is going to start using his radio set up again :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 22:08

Oh aye ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) How are you going to keep him occupied, LG? Is he going to be kept amused with his racing?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 21:38

We have a list of things to do and up to now we have not had the time to do them. Now OH is just about retired completely (just finishing emptying the workshop) and I have finished the WW1 we will both have time on our hands :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 21:30

DET, I've been thinking about what the rules for your council bulky items collections. That's a very reasonable list of items and understandable that if anything is added to the list you have given them, they won't take it. BUT, with regard to the time limit, how would you know whether they have been standing there wasting time if you are not in to see them collect :-0 :-0

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 21:09

No, I did it on my own, DET, as always. Actually, the Business Development Manager was going to speak to my line manager and ask him to do it :-D :-D :-D :-D I dread to think of the result if he had :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2018 20:54

That's a result, YG. Did you manage to persuade someone fitter/stronger to help with the set-up?

LG - we've lots of projects we 'should' be doing, but little or no enthusiasm. Too much like hard work. :-(