General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 8 + 1 of 3935

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 13 Oct 2020 21:27

Well now Kenny is in part retirement, he's not breathing as much fire, so he might be able to do it without melting the balloons :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 21:19

I have not got the puff for that :-0 have we got a cp that is capable of the task :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 13 Oct 2020 21:06

I want a real man in blue, not a virtual one!! What use is one of those to me :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

You can blow up the balloons, LG, as I don't like them near me :-D :-D I hope Maz is programming the satnavs for the broomsticks, otherwise we care likely to finish up in Timbuktu :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 20:48

:-D :-D :-D virtual boys in blue :-D :-D. YG could choose what they looked like. I am all for a noisy party when shall we have one. I will get all the decorations and balloons ready.Maz can you see to the catering :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Oct 2020 20:42

We need a plan
Nut lodge rant and rave parties ,we could nick the broom sticks and meet in the air they would have problems then the neighbours can you imagine ,the reply from blues and twos receiving thst call lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 20:22

Oh dear YG we have no new cases close by that we know of.

YG

YG Report 13 Oct 2020 20:18

I was looking forward to a really good natter!! I went out after work and bought fresh flowers, vacuumed through, washed the kitchen floor, cooked my tea and put smelly candles out and all to no avail :-D :-D :-D :-D Aah well, it saves me doing it another day!!

According to the local paper, there have been 10 cases of the virus in very close proximity to me. I think I had better dive under the duvet and stay there for the winter :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 They referred to it as the park area and there is only the pub between me and the park. Whether that was a general description for what we call 'the first estate' or whether it has originated from youngsters gathering in the park, I'm not sure.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 20:02

Boooooooooooooooo YG, that is such good news about your bubble :-D :-D :-D. A shame about your pals though :-(

YG

YG Report 13 Oct 2020 19:56

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I was waiting for a friend to arrive for a catch up before the midnight hour strikes and the new restrictions come in, but she has sent a text saying that her stepson has been sent home from school as another pupil has the virus, so she can't risk coming now. My other friend's daughter, who is a learning assistant at school, was also sent home last week as a pupil there had the virus and she has to stay home for two weeks even with a negative test result. My friend has been allowed to go back to work though.

I'm very disappointed as i don't know how long it will be now before i can see either of them again :-(

Good news about the bubble though! I was looking on the Gov.uk website at lunchtime to find out and then R sent me a text tonight to confirm. Now its up to the nosy neighbours whether they don't realise that I am in a bubble and report R when they see me there 3 times a week. They have recently reported another neighbour because their dog was barking!!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Oct 2020 19:55

Oh ok thanks, I’m in Berkshire by the way.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 19:52

YG is in Yorkshire ZZzzz

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Oct 2020 19:45

I don’t know where YG is so don’t know about her bubble.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Oct 2020 19:37

Well we are allowed our bubble and we are all tier two I think ,so hope I got the info right .The statement mentions child care and the support bubbles .
I would struggle to get through the winter months with out my bubble .even though my job is lighter there is no banter as we loan work most of the time .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 18:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D ZZzzz, I don't think YG would get excited over those blue lights :-D :-D. Good news re her bubble though :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Oct 2020 18:52

No not yet, I think you might hear us, or at least me cheering when it happens.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Oct 2020 18:50

you will get YG excited now as she can now be in her bubble with her family

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 18:31

Evening all, good news for both of them Maz, it is nice to hear something positive for a change :-D :-D
Any sign of blues and twos yet ZZzzz ;-) :-D :-D :-D.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Oct 2020 18:06

I’m not very techie so I’m lost at the zoom online session, and portals well eek.
Good luck to A, it must be even worse than normal what with the Coronavirus.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 13 Oct 2020 17:48

evening all
It is horrid out and cold ,dark and very wet ,
The answer to the course is We are doing it by zoom online session Monday evenings then some work on a portal as well .Its a church based course but not just for a church setting .It is recognising that ageing has lots of positives and we all need time spent with us quality time .
Good news N looks as if she has a new job in Children's home.A has finally sold his house and moving over to Stockton area all happening quite quick too .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Oct 2020 11:45

My OH learned a bit when I had the kids and also when I had my knee ops. :-D :-D.He was already quite domesticated though as he had to do everything in his previous marriage :-|