General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 9 + 1 of 2709

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 18:42

Well done, LG :-) :-) :-) You will have more time to talk to me now :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 18:40

That wouldn't do YG :-|. It seems to have settled now as I have managed to look up the things I needed for this last soldier. They are all scanned and off to the Belfry tomorrow to bed. All finished now months ahead of our planned date.

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 18:37

Oh well, at least it's fixed now. I thought they had auto renewed my subscription which expires today but they messaged to say the card had expired. I wish they had somewhere to keep the card details in the account section, as I won't remember in 3 years time when the card was due to expire :-0 :-0 :-0 If the site had been down for the remainder of the day I may have lost the usual price that I pay.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 18:28

You did read right YG. If you don't count driving to several places about here on business it was. The sun was out though so it was quite pleasant out of the wind in the car.

I had trouble too and also with Findmypast so it was something wrong with them not us

YG

YG Report 16 Jan 2018 18:18

Evening everyone :-)

I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to get on this bloomin' site :-( :-(

Sorry to hear that you are poorly, Ann. Everyone seems to being going down either with this flu type virus, or sickness.

I know how you feel about the hair cut. I have to get my done every four weeks or it's unmanageable, short and fine as it is :-0 :-0

DET at least you weren't given any instructions about which items were in which aisle today :-D :-D Why is your neighbour going out in her slippers? Surely there is a risk assessment needed there :-0 :-0 :-0 :-D

Maz, I hope you have a good night's sleep tonight ;-) ;-) ;-)

LG, did I read you right!! You actually have a day where you don't have much to do :-D :-D

David

David Report 16 Jan 2018 18:08

That's good Maz, I'd have thought those who delivered your mattress would have taken the other away.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 16 Jan 2018 17:57

Evening all
Matress arrived amid a blizzard .the old one is going friday via the council .as it was cheaper .
Bed is made so looking forward to trying it out later .
It is very cold out and looks as if it will freeze solid.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 16:17

Afternoon DET I have just got back from my round tour of the area. Loads of business things are now done and dusted. Just finishing a bit more scanning and having a well earned caffeine kick. I remember putting plastic bags inside some leaky boots when I was in my teens

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2018 16:13

Just back from taking the neighbour shopping. As a treat, we also went to Lidl’s :-D
She was slightly embarrassed about having plastic bags over her too large slippers. That’s her choice to keep them dry. They did serve a useful purpose: drivers stopped to allow her to walk across the car park especially when she was too focused on where she was going. They probably thought ‘Poor dear, with her career in tow’ ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 11:08

David that made me laugh loads excellent :-D :-D :-D :-D.
Oh dear Ann I do hope you feel better soon there are so many bugs about at the moment H and the smallest are both poorly :-(
DET I wouldn't blame her either :-D.

I have bags and bags of stuff to get rid of and one day I might get round to doing it

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2018 10:51

Sorry you’re feeling rough, Ann. Don’t blame you for staying indoors. Wrap up warm & have a snooze this afternoon <3

David ‘stuff’ expands to fill the space available ;-)

David

David Report 16 Jan 2018 10:38

Morris returns from the doctor and tells his wife that the doctor has told him that he has only 24 hours to live.
Given the prognosis, Morris asks his wife for sex. Naturally, she agrees, so they make love.
About 6 hours later, Morris goes to his wife and says, 'Honey, you know I now have only 18 hours to live. Could we please do it one more time?' Of course, the wife agrees, and they do it again. Later, as Morris gets into bed, he looks at his watch and realizes that he now has only 8 hours left. He touches his wife's shoulder and asks, 'Honey, please... just one more time before I die.' She says, 'Of course, Dear,' and they make love for the third time. After this session, his wife rolls over and falls asleep.
Morris, however, worried about his impending death, tosses and turns, until he's down to 4 more hours. He taps his wife, who rouses. 'Honey, I have only 4 more hours. Do you think we could...' At this point the wife sits up and says, “Listen Morris, enough is enough. I have to get up in the morning...you don't.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jan 2018 10:29

good morning * cough sneeze splutter* (with hankie over mouth of course!

Sunny here and breezy, OH is off out into the garden to start pruning the apple tree. I am staying in the warm. Cold has really taken hold, sort of slept in two hour batches last night so quite tired this morning. Annoyed because I have had to cancel my hair appointment today and the next appointment suitable to both of us is 30th January. I will be like a shaggy dog, my hair is thick and really needs keeping short. Always used to have it cut every 6 weeks but recently shortened that to 5 weekly. Now it will be 7 weeks!!!

David

David Report 16 Jan 2018 10:27

I've been awake for hours. This bungalow is like a Tardis. There is more stuff upstairs than there is Downstairs. Every other day she is putting gags out for charity. The micro wave WAS up there. I wonder if my clothes still are ? :-S

That's the way it is

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2018 10:27

:-D :-D who can blame her, if she is? :-D :-D

Wasn’t she planning on shopping before the snow comes?? Thank goodness we won’t get any here. There was talk of wintery showers in last nights forecast although they seemed to have dropped that now.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 10:07

Morning DET a reasonably easy day for me today. A drive out to collect some bits this afternoon and other than that a bit of scanning ready fro Belfry tomorrow.
Perhaps Maz has had he mattress delivery and is trying it out :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2018 09:57

Morning LG.

Not quite hibernating, but not far off. Although we can’t comment on the outside temperatures, the trees aren’t moving & it’s sunny at the moment.

What are you upto today? I’ll be taking the neighbour shopping this afternoon.

Maz, hope the mattress arrives on time. Are they taking the old one away?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 09:38

WAKEY WAKEY :-D :-D :-D Are you all in hibernation :-S :-S. Not a bad idea actually it's bloomin cold and windy here

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 15 Jan 2018 22:16

Evening and nite nite it seems
Mattress is arriving tomorrow afternoon so will pop out before it snows and get a few bits .including ink for my printer which i have run out of .

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Jan 2018 21:58

I hope you sleep well YG. I will be about tomorrow, lurking as usual <3