General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barclaycard complaints

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 10 Mar 2010 12:48

I wrote a letter of complaint to head of customer relations at Barclaycard, Leicester (the address on their web-site) at the beginning of February. As yet I haven't had a reply.
On 19 February I sent the same letter (with a cover letter) to head of customer services at Barclaycard, Northampton. I have not had a reply to that letter either!
I can't seem to find a telephone number that will get me through the either of these departments, each time I have rang I simply get a call centre in India . . . . which is of no use whatsoever !

Does anyone know a direct telephone number for Northampton?

Or can anyone make any other suggestion as to my next course of action?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Mar 2010 12:57

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal-home/customer-service/contact-list/

General helpline for customers with Barclays bank cards 01604 230 230 This code is for Northampton

good luck

Deanna

Deanna Report 10 Mar 2010 13:21

Hawthorn.... I do not have it to hand, but if you have a statement there will be a number to ring on the there, which is NOT a call centre in India, and they are very helpful.
From there you could perhaps speak to someone who could help.
Try that and see what happens.
Good luck, you do need to be able to speak to your banker.
Deanna X

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 10 Mar 2010 14:03

Hi folks & thankyou for your replies,

I actually don't have a Barclaycard, but I do bank with Barclays.

I was contacted by a Barclays call centre in January. I was Suspicious at first though - but after several questions I realised it was genuine and they said I was managing my accounts well.

This person then asked if I would like to open a Platinum card. I said I wasn't really interested but she then said it came with annual travel insurance. I asked if it was worldwide annual travel insurance and she confirmed it was . . . . so I agreed !

When the forms arrived I saw it was a Barclaycard ! But before I signed I decided to call the help line number to make sure about the free travel insurance and I was told the card didn't come with free annual worldwide travel insurance, or any free travel insurance !

So . . . . sombody, somewhere, is not telling the truth and I would like to know why I was given two completely different answers. This sort of thing really annoys me.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Mar 2010 14:12

All Banks are obliged to deal with complaints in a proper manner which includes responding to you within five working days - if only to acknowledge that it is receiving attention.

If you have a look at the website suggested by PSD, you will see there is a section on complains on the left hand side. This sets out the procedure to follow, and the information you will need to provide, and the relevant steps in the process.

The address to use is

Barclaycard, Customer Relations Department, PO BOX 9131, 51 Saffron Road, Leicester, LE18 9DE

However, Barclays commonly uses PO Boxes which are redirected to other locations than the town or place in the address, so this doesn't mean that the Leicester office will be dealing with it, so don't be surprised if the response comes from somewhere else.

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 10 Mar 2010 14:26

Hi InspectorGreenPen - that is exactly the address I wrote to initially.