General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

When will the 1921 census become available?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Jan 2011 14:20

Dear All,

I was wondering if any of you lovely people knew when the 1921 census would be available to view?

Apologies if I have posted this on the wrong board, and thanking you all in advance for helping.

Happy New Year.

Caroline.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Jan 2011 15:11

The ruling by the Information Commissioner that resulted in the 1911 census being opened early does not apply to the 1921 census because, unlike the 1911 census, the 1921 census was conducted under the 1920 Census Act, which is still in force and which contains a statutory prohibition on disclosure.

The stated government position from the ONS is "its intention to release the entirety of the 1921 census returns in 2022, in accordance with the non-statutory '100 year rule' which was adopted to reflect this undertaking of confidentiality".

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Jan 2011 15:21

Thank you InspectorGreenPen,

I was hoping that it may have been released a little earlier than that! As we had access to the 1911 one back in 2009. That is a shame, not to mention a long old wait! But I do understand their reasons behind it.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

Regards,

Caroline.

Linda

Linda Report 29 May 2022 12:26

WHEN WILL YOU FIX THE CONSTANT ERROR MESSAGES THAT SPORADICALLY APPEAR WHEN TRYING TO VIEW RECORDS - HAVE GIVEN UP AS THERE ARE SO MANY TIMES NOW - LOOKING AT JOINING ANOTHER PROVIDER

greyghost

greyghost Report 29 May 2022 13:51

Welcome to the boards Linda. As members ourselves, not staff, we can't give you an answer to that. Try emailing Support

Email - [email protected]

Replies supposed to be within 5 working days

Very few of us use GR for searching records, there are far better sites, several for free.

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Jun 2022 21:51

I wonder why Linda decided to make her comment on this thread...and it's funny as it seems there are 2 Carolines and wasn't there another one a few months ago too?...I've been on here since 2005....... :-) :-)