General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 922

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 30 Nov 2017 10:23

Brr, it is so cold. No snow yet, but that is due this afternoon. OH normally goes Rambling on a Thursday, but the walk has been cancelled, so now he is under my feet wondering what to do.

I took my old lady to the doctors, as her skin is so thin, they just managed to pull it back together and have put steri strips on it. It is all bandaged up and I have to take her back on Friday to get it checked. Thank goodness that iif she had to hurt herself that is was the night before our shopping trip. Also thank goodness that I made her show me. She can’t see it and if it had been left any longer, she would have been facing a skin graft.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Nov 2017 09:22

Bore da / good morning everyone <3 :-)

Minus 3 c rain sleet and snow with a brisk bitter wind :-0

Linda I hope your lady's arm is not to serious .

Ann that is a good price for pork.

Von get them cardigans on.

Mersey behave.

~~~~~~~~ing to everyone and sending cwtchs whether you want one or not <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 29 Nov 2017 15:26

Luckily we aren’t on duty for taking the double books out, but I think we might be for taking them back.

My nice old lady fell down and cut her arm last night. She let me look at it after we got back shopping and Inwas horrified. Her skin is so thin that it has a split of a couple of inches and it has peeled back to expose a really large patch of raw flesh underneath

I have phoned the doctors and got an appointment for the nurse to look at it at teatime, I hope they don’t send us on to casualty

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2017 13:11

Linda sounds like the drum of the washing machine is off balance. So the next load of books will be even heavier then?

Shaun, thanks, definitely don't want any snow whatsoever.

Mersey, naughty, have you pinched the funghi and got them in store??

Very frosry here this morning but sunny and dry now, very cold wind though. Been shopping this morning, Half pork leg half price so £2.50 in Tesco, can't complain at that. We also bought our frozen turkey, we only have a small one for the two of us so got it early as the small ones sometimes sell out. So that is in the freezer now, can forget about it for four weeks now. :-) :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 29 Nov 2017 11:16

brr and double brr. It has been lashing down, then it turned to snow which was coming down thick and fast, but then to rain again. I have to take my old lady shopping this afternoon, I don’t fancy going out, but I can’t let her starve.

I would like a robotic washing machine, or preferably one used by the servants, but unless I win the Euro millions, that isn’t going to happen.

You can buy washing machines which you can control with your smart phone. Rather pointless as you still have to load and empty the thing. They only cost twice the price of a normal one.

Von

Von Report 29 Nov 2017 10:14

Bore da Shaun

Dull and cold here- two cardigans weather ;-) ;-) ;-)

Take care <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Nov 2017 10:13

~~~~~~s to Shaunie :-D :-D <3

Exsqueeze me but some fungi can survive frost, depends were you put them :-P :-D :-D :-D :-D

Love to M <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Nov 2017 09:43

:-0 Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr another white and crispy morning mist as lifted and now bright sunshine :-)

Ok Linda I will make a note that you DO NOT WANT SNOW :-) would your washing machine be robotic ? :-)

Mersey how you diddling? lovely to see you. Are you on the prowl for my fungi ? to late all gone black :-)

Ann I have made a note that you also don't want snow :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned :-)

Cwtchs on there way <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Nov 2017 16:21

It took ages to do the books because Ihad to ask them all if they wanted a double delivery over Xmas as the volunteers won’t be going out in Xmas week. It waited to rain until we went out as well.

The washing machine is making a loud noise when it spins, which it didn’t do before. OH thinks it is on its way out. The switch you press to turn it on is getting a bit iffy as well. I bet the thing will hold out until after the January sales have finished so we miss the bargains.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2017 15:02

Should lose weight this afternoon then Linda up and down the flats!! It sounds as if your washing machine was unevenly loaded. Hope it was ok second time around.

Hi Shaun, nobody wants snow, bright and sunny here this morning, we went to have a look round the Christmas stalls at gloucester Quays, not many but all I wanted was a cheese stall and there was one so that was ok. :-D :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Nov 2017 11:41

Err, no I do t want snow Shaun.

I just went into the utility room to empty the washing machine. I was very surprised to find that it had moved out into the centre of the room. It had come right out from under the worktop. The tubes were still connected and it seems fine. Silly thing had obviously decided to go for a walk. I had to ask OH to push it back. Well I could have done it myself, but that is what men are for! I have just put another load in, so I will keep an eye on it this time.

It looks chilly out there, we have to deliver library books to the elderly this afternoon. It is all right for OH, he just drives while I do the leaping in and out of the car. The worst place is a three storey block of retirement flats where I have to lug the heavy bags around.

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Nov 2017 10:13

Good morning Shaunie &Co....sending :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3 may your day be a good one :-D <3

Sending lots of <3 <3 <3 <3 to those who need :-D <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Nov 2017 09:34

Brrrrrrrrrrrr crisp bright sunshine minus 3 c :-0 long johns on :-)

Linda I'm glad the snow is just what you want :-)

Hope you are all ok or okish and behaving I am :-)

Yvonne, Sallie hope you are both managing <3

Cwtchs on there way <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Nov 2017 13:44

Oops, that should have read Xmas fayre
I type it correctly, but don’t notice the predictive text is suggesting something else. I’m need to read it over before I post.

The fayre was huge and very busy. There was lots of very nice stuff, all very expensive of course. I didn’t buy anything, but OH bought himself some new secateurs

It is not a bad day here. The temperature says it is 17 degrees, so the heating is off. I will probably put it on mid afternoon. I have just watched the weather forecast, it is going to get much colder with snow showers later in the week, just what I don’t want

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Nov 2017 09:36

Bore da / good morning everyone :-)

Heavy rain and strong winds on the mountain lot milder and of late:-)

Von what are you barricading :-S

Hope you are all being good and ok or okish cwtchs on there way :-)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Nov 2017 12:29

Linda what is a large Christmas Fahrenheit ? Is that your prescriptive text being extra clever?

It is really cold here, we saw on TV that older people should keep their rooms at at least 18 degrees (that is actuallt too low for me to be comfortable), Ours was 17 this morning so the heating IS on Shaun.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 26 Nov 2017 12:00

The heating isn’t on Shaun, it is milder today, the hard frost has gone.

We are going for a drive out to a very large Xmas Fahrenheit today. Why I don’t know, apart from the fact that I got some half price tickets. I probably won’t buy anything as the things are always very pricey I won’t be tempted by all the lovely food either, it is full of syns and not allowed on my diet :-(

Von

Von Report 26 Nov 2017 11:59

Bore da Shaun :-D <3

Bright and sunny here. Just been checking arrangements in the greenhouse as we don't have any heat in there. Thinking more barricades ;-) ;-) ;-)

Have a good day <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Nov 2017 10:09

:-0 the snow as gone :-0 but it is bright and sunny :-)

Linda you are never too old to do anything, turn that heating off :-)

Ann it looks if you have been enjoying yourselves you can also turn off your heating lovely and mild to day :-)

~~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned and sending cwtchs to you all whether you want one or not <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Nov 2017 20:34

Well you are halfway there Linda well done.